Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nomad 3 cc rear shock
  • hopeimakeit
    Free Member

What’s the best shock for this bike ,rider weight is 104 kg ,curently running rockshock monarch,thinking of the new fox float x2 ,what can anyone suggest ? What are you using??

xyeti
    Free Member

Float X PUSH Tuned.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

I’ve had a cane creek db air on mine and loved it until I had the float X.

Different characteristics mind but suits me being light. It’s was bryces before buying it off him and it isn’t standard internally.

Cheers

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

In my opinion the CCDB Air sucked on the Nomad, the standard M+ was a better shock.

I would expect the X2 would be nice, but I think the frame really would work well with a coil shock, looking at the leverage curve, it looks almost spot on idea for it.

For I was mega flush, I’d run an 11-6, as I’m not, I’d run a Fox DHX2 and put the upgrade LSC climb lever on it when it comes out, if you felt like it needs it 🙂

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

If I was to put an x2 on it it spears the sizing is slightly different,does this matter nomad shock lengh and stroke is 8:5 and 2:5 ,nearest I can find to fit is 8:75 and 2:75 does this matter,I’m guessing it might

RickDraper
    Free Member

Pretty much anything is better than the monarch on the Nomad IMHO. I had a eleven six coil shock on mine, it was very nice but with hindsight I don’t think it’s worth the price tag. There is no getting away from the fact it’s vastly heavier than other coil options either.

It’s was bryces before buying it off him and it isn’t standard internally.

Id be interested to see what’s done inside, just valving changes to suit him, the 40 and the RP23 off the syndicate team I rebuilt were just valved slightly different, no other trickery.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

It’ll be coming your way when it needs some lovin dude.

tomhoward

I’ve a vivid air on mine, can’t fault it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nomad 3 cc rear shock’ is closed to new replies.