Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nobby Nics- how big are they? (sorry for the tyre thread)
  • scottidog
    Free Member

Need a new back tyre now things are drying up and have settled on a nobby nic as they seem good value. I’m just not sure whether to go for the 2.25 or 2.4.

It’s for the back of my hardtail so a bit of volume is nice for taking out a few of the bumps- something the same size as a 2.35 maxxis would be good. Never used schwalbe before so I wondered if they come up small or large for the size?

andy7t2
    Free Member

average

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d say avg/slightly smaller.

I would put 2.25’s as the same as 2.1 Fire XC’s. But thats just looking at them mind.

There is a huge difference in weight though between Nobby Nic 2.25’s (520ish g) and 2.4’s (620 ish from what I recall)

CalD
    Free Member

2.4s are pretty huge volume wise, big difference between them and the 2.25s, definitely wider than a maxxis 2.35, but maxxis are always a bit smaller i guess

rocketman
    Free Member

The 2.4 is a full-on enduro tyre and is huge, massive and heavy and works really well on the front if you are into ploughing through/over anything and everything. No way would I put one on the back.

The 2.25 is a very average size but not actually that good esp as a back tyre even in the 3C derivative.

What you really want is a tyre with the height of a 2.4 and the width of a 2.25 – Maxxis Ardent 2.25 60a folder

tomlevell

Heavy!
    635grams
    Ok a Racing Ralph is 575grams at 2.4″

When I measured an inflated 2.4″ it was 2.4″ across the knobs.

For what and where I ride they are excellent. YVMV

scottidog
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys

Weight wise it’s 795g vs 745g as I’m going UST- I’ve been ripping sidewalls running ghetto tubeless lately so looking for the extra protection. And the bike is already a bit of a porker anyway.

Tempted by the 2.4s to be honest. My girlfriend has the 2.1 fire xc’s on her bike and they look a bit puney.

scottidog
    Free Member

What and where to you ride Tomlevell? And is it the RR’s or NN’s that you like?

I ride mostly in the peaks and lakes.

tomlevell

Nobby Nics. Waiting on some RRs for the SS.
    Non rocky dirt, roots and mud so no comparison. The little I’ve used them in other environments they’ve been fine but I do mean little.
    They are acceptable in our mud until we reach peak mud in January/February.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nics- how big are they? (sorry for the tyre thread)’ is closed to new replies.