Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nissan Qashqai – fear of the unknown!!
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Looked at one of these to replace elderly Skoda. Always had VWs Skodas etc. Would prefer to stick with what i know but there’s not much about VW/Skoda wise. Quite like the look of these and they seem to have ok reviews. Looking at a diesel version (1.5 dci) with about 45,000.00 on the clock. Anyone had similar. Views, ok or avoid etc.

beanum

We’ve got one, I’d certainly recommend it. It’s comfortable, handles well and is fast enough for overtaking, joining motorways etc. The boots a good size, as is rear space. We’ve got the automatic box though and I find it really annoying, it holds onto first gear for far too long, to the extent that people stop and look around as you drive past..:-)
    We’ve driven it in deep snow with winter tyres with no problems too..

Nipper99
    Free Member

What engine beanum.

glenh
    Free Member

If you want a skoda, why not a Yeti? Pretty similar to the qashqai (but better).

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member
    ditch_jockey
    Free Member

There’s a wonderful irony about someone who’s a fan of Nicolais questioning someone else’s aesthetic sensibilities 🙂

benz
    Free Member

My wife has one – 1.5 dci. Now close to 70k miles. New in Feb 2008.

Issues?

Rear shock absorbers – check for rattles over bumps. We are on our 3rd set. Issue was the rubbers on the initial OE ones.

That is about it. Totally reliable otherwise.

Average 55.3mpg to date.

geoffj

There’s a wonderful irony about someone who’s a fan distributor of Nicolais questioning someone else’s aesthetic sensibilities

FTFY

*although I do really like the utilitarian look of Nicolais

andyl
    Free Member

the yeti book looks tiny. I was a fan but having seen them in the flesh i couldn’t live with one.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What is the Kia equivalent model? There is one round here and I have to say it looks way better than the Nissan.

BoardinBob

Kia Sportage

geoffj

or soul

amt27
    Free Member

rented one in spain, nice car but my main car is a y-reg ka,

isn’t it just a renault megane on steroids,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Qashqai – fear of the unknown!!’ is closed to new replies.