Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nissan Almera electrical problem
  • Ambrose

Eldest son and I are returning a Nissan Almera, 1.5, X reg (2000) to the road but we are experiencing problems with a fuse blowing. We seem to have traced it to the hazard warning switch on the dashboard. The pins have been disturbed, we are now unsure about where they should be now that they have come free from the block.

Does anyone in ST land have a Nissan that they could take a pic of the wires/ pins so that I can reinstate mine? Much appreciated, I'll get you a pint for it 😉

mandog

I have a '98 saloon. Exactly what do I need to take a photo of?

Ambrose

The connector block leading into the hazard warning switch.

Ambrose

I need to see which hole each wire leads into.

mandog

well that's easier said than done. the hazard switch is situated above the stereo and to see behind it i'd have to remove the dash panels.

Ambrose

It just prises out. Easy peasy. Honestly!

mandog

I'll give it a go this arvo when I get back from PORC, and paid homage to mother.

spooky_b329

I'm guessing you have four wires? Two should be the switched wires to activate the flasher relay. The other two should be illumination for the switch.

If you have a voltmeter or 12v bulb, turn on the sidelights, and then find which combination of wires illuminates the bulb. That'll be your illumination. Touch them to the terminals on the rear of the hazard switch until it illuminates, job done. The other two should activate the flasher when touched together.

If you only have three wires, you'll probably find there is only one negative shared between illumination and the relay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Almera electrical problem’ is closed to new replies.