Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Night garden – I just don't get it
  • Harry_the_Spider

WTF?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m an idiot.

muzzle
    Free Member

It’s not aimed at you.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s not aimed at you.

Though after a day of looking after a baby it’s about the most mentally demanding thing I could manage. They also conveniently give you a little summary of what happened at the end in case you didn’t have the capacity to follow it first time around.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s about death.

dabble
    Free Member

MACCA PACKA!

Iggle piggle’s my favourite.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Macapacca is niche (check out his steed), Upsy Daisy is a tart, Iggle Piggle is a wrong ‘un with insecurity issues, the Pontipines and Wattingers need to watch some tv (way too many kids), the Harhoos just do their thing. The Pinky Ponk and Ninky Nonk are under valued public sector workers.That is all

bencooper
    Free Member

Seriously – the drifting off to sea in a little boat, then appearing in a garden behind a high hedge where all the friends are waiting?

Definitely about death.

The way everything changes size really messes with my head too.

arrpee
    Free Member

It’s about death.

Yup, Iggle Piggle’s basically in limbo, trying to address unresolved conflicts from his life, hence constantly trying to get into Uppsy Daisy’s bed and the like.

It’s a barrage of Freudian imagery; Macca Pacca’s essentially just a walking breast.

bokonon
    Free Member

It’s about death.

I thought it was an allegory about late capitalism, just like toy story.

njee20
    Free Member

Properly mental show that one.

honeybadgerx

What’s that one with the weird baby in it going ‘oggy, oggy, oggy’ (and not in reference to England football chants)? Friends have it on for their kids and I find it massively bizarre.

kimbers

why does anyone get in the ninky nonk? its always a disaster

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM01hUlov4Y[/video]

crankboy
    Free Member

The characters and objects are “paradoxically sized” the grass is CGI The plots make sense to under 2s . Isn’t that a pip!

So glad crankbrat has lost interest and moved on to garbage truck videos on youtube.

bencooper
    Free Member

What’s that one with the weird baby in it going ‘oggy, oggy, oggy

Baby Jake. Offspring not too impressed with that one.

sandwicheater

Ohhh nooo, it’s the ninky nonk!

Picked up the book from Oxfam and the wee one loved it.

We allow him to watch it on a Friday. Send’s him wild.

Don’t like that slut Daisy dishing out kisses like ain’t no thang, bitch.

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s brilliant, I remember my eldest and I watching the first episode together and she loved it from then on. My second always preferred peppa pig, sadly as they are now 8 & 4 I don’t get to watch either of them now. Now I am stuck watching Phineas and Ferb, Camp Lakebottom and Crash & Bernstein…

hora
    Free Member

Why is it called in the night garden? I dont get night gardening, is it a niche? 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Sarah & Duck is just brilliant. The animation, the stories, the narration by the bloke who was the Tory MP in The Thick Of It, everything.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

it’s the scale of things that enrages me.. at some point everyone can be in the ninky-nonk/pinky-ponk, then a scene later said vehicles only come up to chest height of makka-pakka.. who himself can be either the same height or smaller than oopsy-daisy…

that said, my boy absolutely loves the programme, and he’s 16 months old… take from that what you will

(oh, i see i’m in an halarious clone thread 😐 )

razorrazoo

monkeychild – Member
    Macapacca is niche (check out his steed),

That’s no steed, it’s an Og Pog.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cbeebies generally contains stuff nobody is meant to ‘get’. Apart from octonauts.

hora
    Free Member

Abnie & Teele (sp?) – my son laughs like a drain whilst watching that.

I seriously can’t understand what he finds funny.

njee20
    Free Member

Abney and Teal is quite endearing though, I can see the appeal.

Should I point out at this point that I have no children 😕

scud
    Free Member

When we last rode at Afan as a group of about 6 or 7 of us, you could tell the two fathers in the group as we both saw the small cairn pile of stones and both went “macca pacca” to each other and the rest of them just gave us a vacant stare as if to ask what the hell??

jamiea
    Free Member

Waybuloo is good for the backdrops, anyone know whereabouts in the Lakes they’re from?

Cheers,
    Jamie

Harry_the_Spider

Ben and Holly is where it’s at in my house.

arrpee
    Free Member

Abney and Teal actually has some genuinely good jokes. There’s even the odd Python reference.

edhornby

we reckon the pontipines and the wottingers are sicilian – tiny, incomprehensible language, moustache and odd hat for the dad, 8 kids, traditional dress, eating outside all the time

the eldest got bored of it thankfully, we probably won’t bother with the youngest, they are in the bath by the time it comes on

bencooper
    Free Member

you could tell the two fathers in the group

An acquaintance of mine once stood up in the middle of a high-powered business meeting and announced “Daddy go wee-wee now” before leaving. He only realised later 😉

gogg
    Free Member

I like ben and holly & Peppa pig because Morwenna Banks does a couple of the voices. Always had a crush on Morwenna.

tonyd

I get it, but only because after 6 months of colic induced sleep deprivation my tiny mind finally snapped. At that point it all made complete sense.

arrpee
    Free Member

An acquaintance of mine once stood up in the middle of a high-powered business meeting and announced “Daddy go wee-wee now” before leaving. He only realised later

I caught myself making “clip-clop” noises driving past a field of horses the other day.

I was the only one in the car.

traildog
    Free Member

Exactly! It’s about sleep, or lack there of. Those parents whos child sleeps will never totally get it. “Oh, it’s so difficult, he woke twice last night”. That’s NOT difficult!

I actually think it’s a work of genius.

Scamper
    Free Member

The night garden is our signal to take off our two year old’s Tree Foo Tom utility belt complete with glowing sap stone. I do like Cat in her jimjams, mind.

johndoh
    Free Member

I like ben and holly & Peppa pig because Morwenna Banks

I like ben and holly & Peppa pig because Morwenna Banks they are actually quite amusing.

gogg
    Free Member

they are actually quite amusing.

That to, especially Daddy Pig & King thistle, always outsmarted by their daughters!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Seem to remember I liked it when they had a big jam session at the end.

Best thing on kids TV used to be (and may still be) Naomi, although she’s not on Ch5 any more I hear.

gogg
    Free Member

Best thing on kids TV used to be (and may still be) Naomi

yes, her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!
    😉

ourmaninthenorth

Sarah & Duck is just brilliant. The animation, the stories, the narration by the bloke who was the Tory MP in The Thick Of It, everything.

A current fave. And Roger Allam is perfect for the narration. In my mind I have him as Peter Mannion and Falstaff.

Quite like Charlie and Lola. Agree In the Night Garden is terrifying, although makes perfect sense to young minds whose imagination is yet to be destroyed by institutional thinking….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Night garden – I just don't get it’ is closed to new replies.