Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • night dressing for weepy knee ?
  • iainc

Big off on gravel path last night and fell in the nettles. Scrubbed out the gravel last night and its clean, swollen and weepy. Had a bandage on all day at work to stop it sticking to my suit 🙁 now airing it and its drying up OK. Will need some type of bedtime cover so I don’t stick to the duvet though……what is best ? A loose dressing or airtight big plaster like i had on at work ?

bigG
    Free Member

Mepore dressings are your friend

retrorick

Clingfilm works well.

iainc

Had a mepore one on today…..will pop another on later then, thanks

carlphillips
    Free Member

spray some dry iodine on it before mepore application..that stuff is ace.

tmb467
    Free Member

Savlon healing gel with silver has magical properties

Dunno wtf is in it tho

discoduck
    Free Member

I’ve had one of those !

’twas like a jam tart on my knee, it took ages to heal as mine was sticking to eveything !
    Definately iodene you can get the savlon one in spray form ! It looks cool as well yellow momentarily before it goes scarlet with the blood

I usually use a rondapad it sounds like the ones mentioned above,

Perforated film on one side and fabric on the other, good luck BTW as the knee cap is a real bastard to heal as it keeps cracking when the knee bends,

househusband

Intrasite gel under an Allevyn dressing.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Alcohol Gel will keep it clean. 😉

iainc

Thanks all. Don’t have any of the spray stuff, but do have some regular savlon, so have whacked some on and will let it dry then mepore stick on. Jam tart is good analogy 🙂 fri is dress down day, wonder if I could go in me boxers ? 🙂

Cheezpleez

Slice of Hovis best of both. Fry it up for an extra protein hit at breakfast.

shortcut

I stick my leg out under the duvet and hope I don’t find something else to stick to!

Random
    Free Member

Consider going to your GP and getting it properly dressed by a nurse. If it’s a decent gash they will do a really good job with special dressings that are designed to stay on for several days.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Mepore dressings worked for me. I had a full skin depth ‘graze’ after an RTA which was weeping for 6 weeks! Now just need the whiplash, displaced bones in my hand and dislocated finger to get better so I can ride!

mickolas
    Free Member

I cut the toe off a stretchy sock.

dobo
    Free Member

im getting my knee packed daily at gp to help the gash heal after they had to take stiches out early to assist healing due to infection..had iv antibiotics etc well its not healing yet but the dressing at both the gp and hospital were fairly standard, the sort of thing you can get in boots or tescos..
    no special spray or gels etc and i had to go to A&E for a deep clean with a toothbrush and 6 stiches.
    They used some iodine after the clean and i have a iodine packing in there at the moment. maybe another stitch out tomorrow, maybe not but wish it would heal, bit worried about it to be honest.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Mepore or Tegaderm dressings. I don’t get on with mepore so it’s Tegaderm ones for me. But their pricey.
    But personally I find Tegaderm better for oooozing wounds and then when their a bit dryer slap a mepore on.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘night dressing for weepy knee ?’ is closed to new replies.