Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nexus 4 problems since latest update
  • kimbers

cant connect to wifi, updated to 4.4.4 last week and its been laggy now get no wifi at all, seems to be connecting and signal bars are strong

wifi working fine on other devices

tried turning it off and on again

any other tips?

spooky_b329

Mine seems OK

domwells27
    Free Member

Mine is often slow on wifi now, quite flakey on 3g too. Turning flight mode on and off sometimes cures it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Fine here too. Nexus 4 on 4.4.4 build KTU84P

kimbers

Still not working no reply from Google yet, my WiFi and network icons are orange rather than blue in the settings bit if hat helps

andyl
    Free Member

did you get the recent update the other day as well as the one the other week?

I’m also on 4.4.4 build KTU84P after my first recent update messed a few things up, including the battery life.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Backup all your apps with Titanium, reboot into recovery, wipe dalvik and factory reset. Restore apps (but not data).

eckinspain
    Free Member

Mine was a bit funny after the first update a couple of weeks back, but has been better since the one earlier this week.

MUPPET
    Free Member

Try using wifi fixer from play store – I’ve been using this app to fix this problem for months now and most the time it does the trick

wonnyj
    Free Member

Orange icons mean that you’ve passed your download limits. You can change the setting by altering the y-axis on the data use graphs.

traildog
    Free Member

I don’t think there are data limits on Wifi. Do you know what network it’s trying to connect to? It doesn’t require further authentication does it? Could be it’s trying to connect to something other than you think is which is Open but requires further authentication.

muggomagic

I had a problem with wifi connection my old nexus 7. I found something on the net which said to turn off the wifi on your device, go into advance wifi settings and set to 5ghz, switch wifi back on, then go back repeat the steps but set the wifi back to auto.

I think I may have even hit the “forget this network” and then reconnected to it after doing the above. It worked and had no problems with it after that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 4 problems since latest update’ is closed to new replies.