Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Newport – decent coffee??
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Got 40 mins in between trains to kill in the picturesque town of Casnewydd – any chance there’s a decent coffee shop close to the station?

danradyr1
    Free Member

Nope…

RobHilton
    Free Member

😆 😆

Might just have to cope without…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

There’s a nice one just opposite Next in Newport, Isle of Wight, if that’s any help. Hipsterish decor. Bake all their own pies and cakes.

Watty

There’s the ‘Coffee Grinder’ in Newport Rhode Island. They even have their own app. 😆

RobHilton
    Free Member

This knowledge might come in handy should I ever embark on a grand world of Newports

convert

Judging by the number of pairs of red trousers on display in Newport (Pembrokeshire) when I drove through yesterday there are bound to be some artisan coffee shops with avocado and mung bean also present, served on Welsh slate obvs.

RobHilton
    Free Member

served on Welsh slate obvs.

Probly Spanish :/

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Yes – Costa Coffee

RobHilton
    Free Member

Yes – Costa Coffee

Re-read the subject, please.

timber

40 minutes is optimistic, most of my train journeys go wrong when a change is involved at Newport.
    Coffee #1 are one of the better chains, cheesecake is good anyway.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Oh sorry. Didn’t realise Costa was not good enough 😉

CountZero

It’s gonna be either Costa or Maccy D’s, and, through my job, and having extensive experience of motorway service stations, it’s got to be Costa every time.
    Newport really doesn’t have a lot to offer, although, having said that, I’ve never had time to explore more than the area around the Motorpoint auction site, so I may be doing it a disservice.
    I’m happy to be corrected.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Newport – decent coffee??’ is closed to new replies.