Home Forums Chat Forum New (?) Warburton’s advert!!!!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New (?) Warburton’s advert!!!!
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Samuel L Jackson…… well obvs, who else would you replace George Cluney with?

Bonkers and funny. Love it.

sirromj

Not sure how to view adverts anymore?

Cougar

Because obviously, providing a link to what you’re talking about is too difficult… 😁

Pook

saw it earlier. Brilliant.

reluctantjumper

That’s the first advert I’ve seen in a long tome that made me pay attention and made me smile.

Love it!

simondbarnes

I don’t care who they use in their adverts, their bread is still shit.

Cougar

Paging @binners !!

oldfart

Surely all these high profile actors don’t need more dough ? It’s alright I’ve got my coat ready 😁

sharkbait
    Free Member

Because obviously, providing a link to what you’re talking about is too difficult… 😁

Yeah, soz…… but you do it so much better than I can 😉

Houns

Lack of MOTHERFUNKER! And their Brexit views? I’m out.

singletrackmind

Double extra salty crumpets that are too salty.

Never again.

droplinked

Surely all these high profile actors don’t knead more dough 

Missed a trick there.

oldfart

droplinked I deliberately didn’t spell it like that for fear of offending the STW pedants 😉I’ve already caused enough kerfuffle with my Analogue Bike post 🙄

Mister-P
    Free Member

Who is George Cluney?

tomd
    Free Member

If they have money to spaff on Samuel L Jackson they have money to reduce the price of their (nasty) bread.

convert

Jonathan “Europe is a rotting corpse” Warburton…….Samuel L Jackson could have done us all a favour and laid down some vengeance and furious anger into the motherfunker and his spongy roll of foam palmed off as bread.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I don’t care who they use in their adverts, their bread is still shit

Agreed, yet another British ” institution ” that when you take a step back and look at it is undeniably shit.

Like Kipling Cakes
    Mr Whippy ice cream
    99% of chocolate vegolate
    Etc

simondbarnes

Mr Whippy ice cream

Take that back!

garage-dweller

Mr Whippy ice cream

Take that back!

They can’t, it’s melted and run down their arm already.

At least there was no attack on fish and chips.

Most (if not all) “packet bread” is soggy and depressing though.  I can’t remember a time it wasn’t.

sanername

Margret Thatcher pre-political food chemistry career was focused on the developments that lead to the invention of Mr Whippy.

How’d you like it now?

DickBarton

Partner bought a Warburton loaf of some description – slices appear filled with air… absolutely shocking!

sharkbait
    Free Member

This is not a thread about the quality of “supermarket” bread – we all know nearly all of it is crap.

roger_mellie

Maybe Jackson is donating his fee to charity, like wot Hugh Laurie did with his L’Oréal ads. Or maybe he’s had a big tax bill.

Next stop, I’m a celeb?

Sandwich

This is not a thread about the quality of “supermarket” bread

No it’s about a premium brand, supermarket own label doesn’t have much of the good-stuff in it.

Last time I looked Warburtons were using big factory miller flour in their sliced wrapped stuff and it was renowned for being extra salty. The flour was gristed to be least cost whilst meeting the client requirements for 3rd country inclusion/protein content. Then milled to specified whiteness and water absorption while using the most endosperm from the berry. It’s then baked in a CBP bakery with sundry chemicals to make it go brown outside and stand up and hold CO2 to slice nicely and fit the wrappers properly.

kormoran
    Free Member

Last time I looked Warburtons were using big factory miller flour in their sliced wrapped stuff and it was renowned for being extra salty. The flour was gristed to be least cost whilst meeting the client requirements for 3rd country inclusion/protein content. Then milled to specified whiteness and water absorption while using the most endosperm from the berry. It’s then baked in a CBP bakery with sundry chemicals to make it go brown outside and stand up and hold CO2 to slice nicely and fit the wrappers properly.

Wow,  no wonder our sourdough tastes so grim

Also, username checks out

DickBarton

Absolutely no idea what any of that means but I get the impression that it isn’t good…

desperatebicycle

Nah, you can shove yer Samuel L Overacting dodgy bread ad.
    This is the only advert I won’t fast forward over 😂

brian2
    Free Member

Well I quite like Warburtons bread. Better than the gluten free stuff my wife has to eat, that’s for sure. Actually, they do make the best gf soda bread apparently, and their gf rolls are OK, apparently.

johndoh
    Free Member

I too quite like Warburton’s/supermarket bread in the right circumstances. Sometimes it is merely a vehicle to get the filling into your mouth – simple sandwiches like tuna and salad cream don’t need fancy breads.

binners

What?!! Are you mad?!!!

Its horses for courses, innit?

If you’re talking goats cheese and roasted red peppers then maybe there are better options in which to encase them. But nobody sane wants that shite on a butty. They want bacon and egg smothered in ketchup, sausages dripping in HP or fish fingers with cheese singles, and when it comes to that kind of thing there can be only one. As Mr Jackson has handily pointed out…

desperatebicycle

Wish I started a new thread for the Marmite ad now :(

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.