Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • New Top Gear – haters assemble
  • MoreCashThanDash

New series just started on BBC1 – currently doing childishly daft stuff in Thailand.

Which I’m all in favour of.

kayak23

I hate it.

Bunnyhop

It’s a no from me. It’s had its day and promoting fast cars (in fact most cars) , using up the earths resources should be banned.
    Grumpy bunnyhop.

Harry_the_Spider

Sunday night TV. That’ll do for me.

tall_martin

I blame top gear for making me buy the fastest versions of all the cars I’ve had.

For the extra cost none have got me to a destination any quicker. They have all cost me more than the slower versions would have.

They have all been a bit fun, but have spent the majority of their time with me doing the speed limit.

Next car will be a much slower version of whatever I end up with next.

I liked and would watch top gear until Clarkson and his crew got the boot.

A lot of the fun went out when I realised that the races were staged. It was after 100 camera angles of Gee Atherton and another of Clarkson racing through the streets of Portugal I realised the whole thing was scripted.

I felt daft when I realised it as it had never presented itself as a documentary.

The next wave of presenters just looked scripted and the jokes seemed forced.

Caher

Not a motor racing or car fan but find this program oddly entertaining.

mattyfez

Are they going to crash a 2022 v70? if not, i’m not interested.

MoreCashThanDash

We’re gonna need a bigger “electric car” thread! 😳

mandog

turned off once they started breaking the window in the BMW truck

mandog

turned off once they started breaking the window in the BMW truck

i thought rimac made makeup

Bruce

Watch away if you care nothing for climate change. It’s purile ladish crap. I will continue to give it a miss.

CheesybeanZ

I hate it

With a passion

Kryton57

Buy three vehicles, Do a race etc.

Bored.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s purile ladish crap

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

halifaxpete

Good start. Seen afew videos regarding the Nevera its an incredible thing. Thailand stuff was good too and loved the Dmax race series, Shame FF got the lurgy he’s have given the karts a good go!

didnthurt

Fine bit of no thinking tv. Shame Freddie wasn’t in the go-kart/things? racing, he’d be a dead cert for either winning or spectacularly crashing.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

A no from me, assuming the annoying **** Freddie & Paddy are still part of the debacle.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No from me, haven’t watched it for years. It was ok when it was actually about cars, now It’s just those drips fannying about in cars.

Robz
    Free Member

It’s just boring. Stale, tired and formulaic.

Much rather just watch Chris Harris vids on YouTube.

All the staged adventure/competition filler rubbish stopped being watchable about 8 years ago. It’s essentially the same concept every single episode.

reluctantjumper

Didn’t even realise there was a new series starting! Will give it a chance on catch-up some time this week.

All the staged adventure/competition filler rubbish stopped being watchable about 8 years ago. It’s essentially the same concept every single episode.

Richard Porter said that for those segments to work they have to not be about the car but the journey, hence why the older challenges and specials worked so well. The only one that was purely about the cars was the original £100 car challenge, possibly the Hilux one too, the rest wer about where they were and could have been done in almost any car without losing the narrative. Was hoping that the new gang at Top Gear would have known that but sounds like they still haven’t figured that bit out.

kerley
    Free Member

It is crap and has been crap for 20 years but I just watch with with finger on fast forward button to watch the 5 minutes that is worth watching most weeks (i.e. the car history items when they appear)

oldnpastit

I much prefer GCN to be honest. The one about cycling from coast to coast was epic. Actually feels like something I could do (but slower) whereas razzing around in a supercar I would find dull and expensive.

bri-72

I share the dislike but sons age7 have stumbled on and getting into all the repeats on beeb3 which means I think we’ve become a TG household 😩

Drac

Good fun episode. The Rimac was obscenely fast, the rate it caught the Lambo was phenomenal.

stumpy01

I enjoyed it and liked the fact that they donated their Dainese bodyarmour to the Thai kart racers.

Cougar

I caught a chunk of it. That Lambo-eating Nerva thing was a bit mad, wasn’t it.

haters assemble

Called it, OP.

catfood
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to watch it as I did a job with Paddy McGuinness a few years back and he was an absolute nob end/ prima donna and was thoroughly hated by every body there.

mert
    Free Member

Are they going to crash a 2022 v70? if not, i’m not interested.

That’d be a clever trick, it went out of production 6 years ago…

joefm

Bit of a weak episode, especially having gone to Thailand.

MoreCashThanDash

haters assemble

Called it, OP.

It was intended as irony, not as an instruction 🙄

johndoh
    Free Member

I thought it was fine – perfect brainless Sunday night TV.

lunge

It’s just perfectly good Sunday night TV. It’s nothing revolutionary but it’s good fun and means you don’t have to think to hard.
    I liked it a lot.

kayak23

It was intended as irony, not as an instruction

Well, normally I just wouldn’t open a thread about Top Gear but you did say haters assemble. 😂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is what it is – entertainment (kinda). Liked the Rimac bit. The Thailand bit was as dull as anything and as contrived as to be expected (see hay bale falling off the BMW which was just left loose on top whilst driving up a steep hill). Don’t actively seek it out anymore but as someone else mentioned it, the kids like it and find it funny…

z1ppy

Much rather just watch Chris Harris vids on YouTube.

TBH I was vaguely hoping they might have dumped the two pricks (and made it the Chris Harris show.. I wish) and got some proper car people in…

johndoh
    Free Member

and got some proper car people in…

Why? It isn’t primarily a car show – it’s just a show that has some cars in it.

joebristol

I like Harris and Flintoff but if they could drop McGuinnes that would be nice. Not sure who to add as a new 3rd person though…..

inkster
    Free Member

For inane laddish banter I tend to prefer Ali Hamidi’s fishing shows.

The fish don’t follow the script so genuine suspense! (Unless someone tells me there’s a frogman loitering out of shot, attaching carp to hooks.)

inkster
    Free Member

Love or loathe, the Calrkson version was clever. This version isn’t.

Drac

Bit of a weak episode, especially having gone to Thailand.

Yeah, to think Freddie getting Covid meant it didn’t go as they had planned.

The fish don’t follow the script so genuine suspense!

Fishing with suspense? Has to be scripted.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.