Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New stumpy fsr possibly damaged in car accident
  • mdavids
    Free Member

Ok. following on from a thread i've just started regarding my bike being involved in a car accident.

I've been having a close look at the frame and I realise I'm in danger of looking silly but I'm a bit of a noob and I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is correct.

The downtube from just below the rear shock pivot to where it meets the bottom bracket is curved out to the left and doesnt meet the BB in the centre. Is it supposed to curve out in this manner?

I will be getting the whole bike checked out by my LBS but would like to know tonight if its completely knackered

andrewh
    Free Member

Pics?

mdavids
    Free Member

I'll try

seanodav
    Free Member

Im nearly certain its supposed too, the tube on my pitch does exactly that, curves too the side as well as back.

mdavids
    Free Member

Cant get any decent pics as the light is too bad. The frame doesnt seem to be cracked and the back end is running true so hopefully its supposed to look like this. Funny how I've never noticed it before

stumpy01

I take it u mean a 2010 Stumpy? I've just checked mine – do u mean the downtube or the seat tube? The seat tube on mine curves towards the non-drive side velo the black shock link. It joins the bottom bracket off-centre in relation to the BB shell – with more space on the drive side; I guess for clearance.

Sounds like it's as it should be.

How are u finding it? I think mine is great, well pleased with it so far.

mdavids
    Free Member

Thats exactly right thanks very much for that info.

Its a 2010 stumpy and I dont have alot to compare it to as I only got into cycling 6 months ago but it feels great to me. Bought myself a cheap hard tail just to see if I'd like mountain biking – loved it – so hired a stumpy demo bike one weekend and was blown away by the difference. Didnt try anything else TBH just thought thats the bike for me. My only slight worry about it is that its supposedly XC only, not meant for jumps and drops and if my riding progresses I might wish I'd gone for something bigger like the enduro instead. However I'll probably run out of ability before the bike does.

stumpy01

Nah, unless u get into proper freeride stuff the Stumpy will be fine.

Glad it sounds like all is as it should be. Hope u get the insurance sorted on the car!

mdavids
    Free Member

Cheers. Really not looking forward to dealing with the insurance. Customer service never seems to be high on their list of priorities.

Incidentally I was on my way back from my first trip to hamsterley forest which was fantastic. Cant wait to go back and will hopefully get back in one piece next time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New stumpy fsr possibly damaged in car accident’ is closed to new replies.