Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Sky HD Guide Software Upgrade
  • hotcharge
    Free Member

anyone got the new sky HD menu uploaded yet??? If so is it just random or is there a way to force the upgrade

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not got mine yet but the info pack came through the post today which apparantly means the upgrade should be this week. My brother in law has his – looks good.
    I think they’re rolling it out based on the model/version of the box you’ve got.

hotcharge
    Free Member

cool, cheers for the info, i just goy my pack today too. cant wait!!

peteimpreza

What upgrades can we expect?

CountZero

Just got a new box installed today, watching NCIS in HD at the mo’, but old stylee guide on mine.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mine didn’t arrive last night. My money is on Thursday, that said I’m not too bothered.
    Peteimpreza: It’s basically a new way of seeing the TV schedule, etc. Supposedly better (i.e. you can get the info on a future program without going into the planner), but if it simply makes the HD box a bit more reliable then I’ll be happy.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Got yours yet? Mine arrived thursday morning. I like it, defo improvement.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Got yours yet? Mine arrived thursday morning. I like it, defo improvement.

oops, sorry 😳

Drac

Not yet.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

could you force a download by going into the engineeers menu and updating the software?

menu 4 0 1? (that’s off the top of my head and for sky+) and is especially tricky if the 4 button doesn’t work!

davidpurvis
    Free Member

It may have been coincidence, but after I changed our settings to “auto standby when not in use” (i.e. puts itself into standby overnight), the software had been updated next morning when switched back on.

Sugar2
    Free Member

Does this upgrade over satellite or via the phone? I don’t have my HD box plugged in!

Tracey

Got ours yesterday, looks better so far

Tracey

sharkbait
    Free Member

Pretty sure it downloads via the satellite (phone line not required) on a Wednesday night and is ready Thursday morning – forced update not recomended I’ve heard

hotcharge
    Free Member

yeah got it yesterday… def improvement… lot easier and the mini tv was a must…well done sky. Innovators

sharkbait
    Free Member

Found one little issue.
    Because they’ve designed this for HD they’re working on the basis that the screen is bigger so thay can add more info (which is great) and they’ve made the text a bit smaller to make some screen space. But our sky is ditstributed throughout the house and on our little telly in the bedroom the text is very small for my [getting on a bit] eyes 😕

Overall still a big improvement though.

GrahamS

the mini tv was a must…well done sky. Innovators

Mmmm.. nothing says innovation like a feature I’ve had on my £30 freeview box since about 2004 !?!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Sky HD Guide Software Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.