Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • New Reverb remote – and I want one
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I actually don’t mind the existing one at all, but this does look better…

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rockshox-finally-updates-the-reverb-remote-first-look-2017.html

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yeah, saw the article over there >

£90 way more than I’d pay, wonder what the real price will be?

Trimix
    Free Member

Looks bigger / bulkier. I reckon the existing one is fine.

vinnyeh

For those of us that’ve been running the lever under the bars for years now, not much of an upgrade- still doesn’t look like SRAM are trying to stiff us on the price any more than they currently do.

On second thoughts, I wonder what the lever is made of- it looks even more vulnerable than the button. What’s the bet it’s a £90 replacement part if you break it?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve never been much of a fan of the Reverb lever – running it on Guide brakes it sits too far in when the brakes are set up for single finger use and the angle you have to press at is awkward. That said, I’ve also never understood why it needed to be hydraulic – a simple cable to the post (as Fox Transfer) seems a simpler and cheaper solution that easier to fit and maintain.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s on my shopping list, I hate the reverb ‘button’ it’s actually painful to use for me after a while (dodgy plated wrist and nerve damage). I was going to get a that cable after-market one, I still might – I don’t think the hydraulic aspect is worthwhile.

ehrob

You don’t realise how crap the reverb remote is until you use one from someone else.

Looks good, but expensive. Another win for the cable actuated posts?

tomhoward

Can’t wait to convert my 4 posts to that lever…

‘Hello, mortgage broker? Yes, it’s me again….’

chakaping
    Free Member

I prefer the standard Reverb lever to the KS Levs that I’ve used.

RF Turbine lever (which looks a lot like the new Reverb one) was nicer though.

Will be sticking with existing levers though, saving my pennies for bits that make more of a difference.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, yes and no. Finally a nice normal style lever, but I don’t like the MMX style fitting (bulky piece bolting on the clamp). Doesn’t look as nice as the existing lever with integrated clamp that fits perfectly to a SRAM brake lever in a 1x set up. Looks more dangly, and potentially more at risk (than old style lever when switched opposite to sit under the bar. The over the bar position was stupid and vulnerable).

Anyway, still too expensive. I want to swap a LH lever for a RH lever but it’s annoyingly £80 which is nearly half the price of a non-stealth Reverb. This is nice, but same price issue applies. I’m sure they can justify it, but for what it is as a component compared to the whole, it’s way overpriced.

milky1980
    Free Member

I get along with the original Reverb button fine, seems to suit my thumb. But the it is my thumb, with it’s dodgy joint – I can dislocate it at will, even disconnect it and to a ‘helicopter’ with it too (but that’s painful..) 😀

Worth looking at if I break one of the original buttons on either bike but after having a play with a Transfer a few weeks ago I’ll be going for one of them next anyway, fed up of the Reverb’s unreliability. 6 posts so far over 2 bikes, all under warranty. Both are past 2 years since original purchase so doubt I’ll look at upgrading them with the lever anyway.

philjunior
    Free Member

I still run a front mech. If I didn’t, I’d like the look of that (but not at £90).

And I like the fact that the Reverb is fully hydraulic. So far so fit and forget, where my cable actuated post (which admittedly is a bit cheap and old) keeps needing new cables.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

And I like the fact that the Reverb is fully hydraulic. So far so fit and forget, where my cable actuated post (which admittedly is a bit cheap and old) keeps needing new cables.

I *used* to agree. I had to replace my Reverb (I scratched it…badly) but my new one got stuck down on my first weekend away, with the remote leaking oil. Not a happy chappy.

iainc

I hate the reverb ‘button’ it’s actually painful to use for me after a while (dodgy plated wrist and nerve damage).

ditto, due arthritis in thumbs. I just about get on with it underneath on right, though current upgrade of other bike is to a Fox Transfer, with right side lever, rather than the ergonomics of the reverb button.

Will keep reverb on HT though, it’s just been replaced under warranty for second time…

Northwind

Looks way better than the current, terrible one. There’s a couple of others isn’t there? A hydro one and a cable conversion?

philjunior – Member

my cable actuated post (which admittedly is a bit cheap and old) keeps needing new cables.

Question for you there- did you find it needed done more often than gear cables? My KS came with a cheap crap cable which caused bother but I switched it to shimano cables and it’s been fine since- had to replace it once from crash damage mind.

philjunior
    Free Member

Question for you there- did you find it needed done more often than gear cables? My KS came with a cheap crap cable which caused bother but I switched it to shimano cables and it’s been fine since- had to replace it once from crash damage mind.

Yes (using XTR cables), but I think this might be partially down to the crapness of the seatpost/lever. It’d be less of an issue with a hydraulic seatpost with a decent lever.

iainc

So far so fit and forget

you know what’s going to happen now Luke, don’t you …. 🙂

honourablegeorge

Quite liek that, although the prive is absolute robbery.

poah
    Free Member

Got a DeHy with a triggy remote – wouldnt go back an hydraulic switch

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You don’t realise how crap the reverb remote is until you use one from someone else

Nope, only ever used reverb and they are ergonomically very poorly designed. The likes of Saturday there, rider fading badly on wharnscale descent at the end of the 4 passes it becomes even more evident….

Goldigger
    Free Member

This is why we’re all falling for the 1×10/11/12 drivetrains that the manufacturers are getting most of us to convert too..

So we can loose the front shifter…and now we can put something back in its place. Seems a long complicated process just so we can have a dropper remote where the shifter used to be. 😀

Northwind

It’s the best place for a lever (that’s why shifters go there) So if you’ve got a space there, you don’t want to put other levers in a crappy place.

(Also, the stock reverb one is possibly the worst in the business)

wukfit
    Free Member

I quite fancy getting a RH remote (LH under bar) as my bike came with a LH, so if anyone does upgrade….

poah
    Free Member

I’ve got one but never thought of selling it for some reason

Goldigger
    Free Member

Northwind I was just taking the p@ss.

It would have been good if Sram had of made it shimano lever friendly, some sort of ispec adaptor…assuming the only option is bar clamp for shimano owners.

MatchMaker X or discrete clamp options

Northwind

Goldigger – Member

Thought you might be but then I tought, well, it’s an opportunity to slag off the reverb lever again so **** it 😆

lawman91

Have been waiting for this for ages! Have just ordered one, was thinking of the dehy kit but this will keep the warranty valid and is cheaper for me! I do like the hydraulic concept verses cable, in my experience I’ve never had a hydraulic hose fail, I have had cables break, including on droppers.

STATO
    Free Member

Goldigger – Member

It would have been good if Sram had of made it shimano lever friendly, some sort of ispec adaptor…assuming the only option is bar clamp for shimano owners.

MatchMaker X or discrete clamp options

Why would they make it compatible with anything but their own brake levers?

Anyway, its easy enough to match to ispec with aftermarket adaptors.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Marketing would say no in the hope that the buyer might buy SRAM brakes.
    But when people buy a new complete bike do they all come fitted with SRAM brakes?

chakaping
    Free Member

But when people buy a new complete bike do they all come fitted with SRAM brakes?

pretty much, yeah.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Question is, how does it integrate with SRAM brakes? Is it ugly MMX style, or can the clamp just clamp onto the brake like with the original remote clamp (which is why it’s so neat for 1x)?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Why is so massive? It looks ridiculous.

SirHC

Could be that it shares the inner gubbins from a brake lever. same price as the bike yoke option and unlikely to suffer from stickyness due to tight bends on internally routed frames.

vmgscot

GF has been using the Novyparts trigger like this for couple years now. It’s been reliable and superb fit for her slightly shorter thumbs.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why is so massive? It looks ridiculous.

Looks like a nice big paddle to find easily while riding.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Looks like a nice big paddle to find easily while rowing.

tomhoward

Anyone with a zyfishersro account know when it will be available?

honourablegeorge

Used a Fox trasnfer for the first time yesterday, 1x lever is lovely, it’s tiny and really smooth to use.

lawman91

No due date on Zyro when I checked this morning, I’ve placed an order as quickly as I could anyway because I imagine they will be popular!

iainc

honourablegeorge – Member
    Used a Fox trasnfer for the first time yesterday, 1x lever is lovely, it’s tiny and really smooth to use.

I have one on its way, going for the 2x lever on RHS though due a dodgy left thumb, hope to not be disappointed….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘New Reverb remote – and I want one’ is closed to new replies.