Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New QR seat clamp time
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

The cheapy one that came as stock on my Spicy is knackered. It uses a small teflon bushing but it very quickly gets destroyed and you can’t do the clamp up tight enough to stop the post slipping, making me really pi*ssed off when the post slips down every 5 minutes.

So, I’m after something in red with a long lever that runs on a brass bushing. So that’s Hope out on the long lever requirement. The one from Chromag looks perfect but at £35…

baznav73
    Free Member

The salsa one seems to get good reveiws on lever size and shape.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Apparently the Salsa doesn’t like mud 🙁

Candodavid
    Free Member

Tune Wurger is the best i’ve ever used

CNC Machined from grain orientated billet 7075 T6 aluminium, with TiAl6V4 Titanium over centre mechanism, keeps the Wurger quick release seatpost clamp well within the weight of a standard Allen bolt item… Now there is no reason not to go quick release!

Use: Quick release MTB seatpost clamp
    Clamp material: CNC machined 7075 T6 heat treated Aluminium, clamp band, and end nut
    Lever: CNC machined TiAl6V4 Titanium
    Axle: CNC machined 7075 T6 Aluminium
    Mechanism: Eccentric over centre cam mechanism, for secure and tight clamping
    Sizes: 28.6mm / 30mm / 31.8mm / 34.9mm
    Weight: 30grams – 31.8mm
    Colours: silver / black / red / blue / green / gold

toys19
    Free Member

The chromag is faultless, its worth every penny of the 35 quid.

nickswolves
    Free Member
    getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll have you know that I’m not a hippy so it’s a no to the Tune one 😛

Looks like the Chromag is the only real option then…

widge34
    Free Member

I have a Salsa clamp. There is no brass bushing so when muddy they are not great. Check out Superstars own QR clamps.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

I’ve had loads of seatclamps including Hope’s and Salsa qr ones, however now have Chromags and would never go back, the best end of!

james
    Free Member

” grain orientated billet “
    lol, that’ll be ‘forged’ then ..

I’d just say, not hope. The reviews I found when looking for a QR seat clamp seemed to be either hope fan boys or telling that the new ones are still difficult to use

eurospek
    Free Member

+1 for the Chromag QR. After owning a DKG (Salsa) and Hope stuff, the Chromag is best. Nice and big lever, brass bushing, and looks great!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

There’s something up with your frame if your post keeps slipping.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Hope have always been flawless for me. Had at least 3 different ones, all great. One still going that’s outlasted at least 3 frames!

granny_ring

I think the older hope work better than the new, yet to try out my salsa ones in the mud yet. If they dont do the job then maybe I’ll try the chromag!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Irrespective of the over-marketed blurb for the Tune Wurger,nothing else comes close. But one should expect so, given the eye-watering price tag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New QR seat clamp time’ is closed to new replies.