Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • New Orbea Rallon – anyone ridden one?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Just been in the cycle surgery in Leeds city centre this aft.
    They have a red XL M10 in the showroom.
    I was keen to have a look as I’ve ordered a red one having not seen one. Was pleased to see it was a bright orangey red, it looks exactly the same a vermilion colour Giro helmet they had on show, if you’ve ever seen one of them!
    Was a bit concerned myself before I saw it as the Matt finish in some photos makes them look like a cherry red but they are much brighter.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

scaled – I am the same height and inside leg measurement. Will be going XL – only concern is whether I’ll be able to run a 150mm dropper….

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

You guys who have XL’s or even Larges’ how much seat post can you get in the seat tube? I am wondering if there’ll be enough room for me to run a 150mm Fox Transfer or if I need to look at less travel/drop or a lower ‘stack’ post.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

i am 6ft 1.5
    XL with 150mm reverb
    Wouldnt fit a 170mm in mine as only have 14mm gap
    Is a sunset Red. So orangey/red
    Now running a 35mm stem as found reach long when stood up, but might try 50mm again after some more rides

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I ordered one in the end, an XL in Purple. Got the 150mm dropper fitted but wouldn’t have room for longer.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Whats your saddle height??
    is easy to work out
    150mm dropper (Fox and rockshox) are need 210mm and a saddle at 50mm.
    add that to 483mm seat tube
    743mm from middle of crank axle to top of saddle

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

My saddle height is 750mm so no room to go longer. Happy with 150mm drop though and really pleased with the bike overall.

nickism
    Free Member

Well, its eventually been shipped! Only taken 6 months…. Should be here in the next few weeks. I’ll post some pictures up when I get it together. This is more exciting than christmas!

Also, from what the shop was saying, Orbea is building a new factory to deal with their Myo programme bikes. Hence the delay, but when its up and running they say it should be a 3 month lead time for custom models.

doug_basqueMTB.com

From my understanding the delays are purely due to the volume of orders. We are also waiting in the queue and you’ll be glad to know I’m sure that there was no way for me to skip the queue!! My bike is coming in April, I can’t wait. There is a new factory which is about taking manufacturing back to Europe. The MyO is done in the factory which already exists in the Basque Country which I think is staying the same. Also as far as I know the lead times aren’t due to the MyO, it’s getting the frames that takes time.

Anyway… post a pic when you get it! I can’t wait for mine. I’ve got a Loki (now called Lauffrey) coming next week which I’m excited about too. Merry Christmas!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Is it custom colours that’s long waits or standard colours too?

cchris2lou

My LBS has one bike in stock but it is for display only. They said May for more bikes.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Bikemag Bible of Bike tests have just realeased the rallon review, just what I wanted to hear, great climber and much easier to live with than others.

They say it’s de-throned the Slash and wreckoning as the ultimate long travel 29er.

Mines coming next week, its been shipped from factory, ordered in Oct, std red/black but with upgrades……just need rid of this snow now !!!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Absolutely loving mine
    Fast and fun
    pedals well
    My complete build is 31 lbs inc pedals and Huck Norris in rear

pigyn
    Free Member

That bible of bike test is great to see, nice that they are getting press over the pond. Also nice to see the pricing being on the other foot, with them being pretty spendy in the usa, and a total bargain over here.

We were lucky enough to order quite a few stock bikes and even have a couple left, got one S/M and one Large ready to ship. They are both stock M10s but we are happy to play with upgrades :p

Pedals Rallon Stock

Appologies for posting that again, but I know people are looking for these and we can struggle with visability.

Also had a few MyO orders come through now, the finishing is really good. Big smiles all round, fun bike!

mark_rich
    Free Member

Absolutely loving mine
    Fast and fun
    pedals well
    My complete build is 31 lbs inc pedals and Huck Norris in rear

What build is this based on?

Planning a huck Norris on the rear too, ive opted for the dt1501 upgrade so want to preserve the rear rim best I can.

The bike is actually arriving a good week or so earlier than quoted.

Yetiman
    Free Member

What’s the rear tyre clearance like on these? Most seem to be coming with 2.3 Aggressors but no mention anywhere of chunkier rubber being fitted. I’m interested in one but need to be sure I can get my favourite E13s in there.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yeti man I don’t think you need to worry at all. I’d hazard a guess that 2.5 or 2.6 would go in easily. Im running a 2.4 Minion with loads of space!

Gachet
    Free Member

Some low prices on 2018 Rallons here https://www.cyclelane.co.uk/offers/index.php?cat=1
    It looks like the offer finishes at midnight on NYE.

Stevelol
    Free Member

‘k’in hell that M10 is a nice offer!

Kuco

Bike Mag has just reviewed the Rallon Team.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjxnyDmOTRg&index=28&list=PLEg7lC4yx0cF8c1h3mfDdCD3LBQ-TpaLZ[/video]

Yetiman
    Free Member

cheers gkw, I thought it would be fine but just wanted to certain.

davosaurusrex

Seriously tempted to put an order in for an M10 and then flog everything except frame, forks and drive train when it arrives

godzilla
    Free Member

Hmmm, I may order one of those Rallon’s I saw the deal last night and couldn’t sleep properly.

davosaurusrex

Can’t see how you can do the 10% deposit though, wants to charge the full amount through PayPal

J273
    Free Member

So at a shade under 6ft should i be on a L or XL?

Stranga
    Free Member

Yetiman

I have a 2.3 Vigilante in the back of mine with lots of clearance, way more than my Bronson did before it if that’s any help.

davosaurusrex

For those thinking of using the Cyclelane offer I placed an order which stated no money would be taken until the order was processed. I just had a call from John at the shop (which is closed today) to say that unfortunately the offer is an error and wouldn’t be processed. He did say he’d have a look when they re-open on the 3rd to see if anything can be done but to be honest I was half expecting it, I can’t see where they would have any margin with that discount.

So if you have placed an order expect a call (although he did say they had a couple of non-custom at the offer price so you might be lucky, the one XL had already sold though)

At least I can stop wasting time on the colour customisation page now!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

J273 – if you’re just under 6ft I’d say the large would be spot on. I’m a bit taller on the XL but my demo ride was on a large and it was OK for me too. There’s a calculate your size tool on the orbea site which quite a few folk have used and found accurate.

nickism
    Free Member

As Groundskeeperwilly said, a large would probably be fine. I’m pretty much the same as you (5’11) and went for a large. The reach is still longer than my capra (also in L) which I am comfortable with and the standover on the XL would probably be a bit more than I would like. I’m hoping it is going to strike a balance between stable yet still playful, whereas the XL I reckon would just be a bit too much bike to throw around. Totally depends on what you want from the bike, as I know some people who are smaller than I am who have gone XL.

Worthwhile maybe trying one if you can (says the hypocritical dipsh*t who didn’t ride one before buying and is now trying to reconcile his choice of buying a large…)

davosaurusrex

Makes me think the XL would be too short for me at nearly 6’4″. Whilst the reach at 485 is the same as my 21.5″ Fuel Ex the fact the Trek has a very slack SA and the Rallon is pretty steep is going to mean the ETT when seated is a fair bit shorter on the Rallon. I’m running a 55mm stem on the Trek, I think a SA of about 76 degrees with a reach of 510 or so would be ideal please Mr Orbea when you make an XXL

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me where the registration number is on the frame which is used to register for the warranty? There are a few QR’s but they all have different numbers under them….

Stranga
    Free Member

Groundskeeperwilly its the barcode type number in behind the bb somewhere

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks Stranga – I thought that would be the one but then saw other different codes on the chain stays so thought there might be another ‘main’ number.

SebClawhammer
    Free Member

So i managed to pick up my custom MYO Rallon M-Team the other day from Push Cartel in Ambleside and get out for a short ride – first impressions are very, very good! Pedals well, climbs well for a bike with this geo and coil shock, descends like something else.

Looking forward to taking it out on some proper big Lakes hills over the coming weeks and months that’s for sure

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

That looks really nice!

nickism
    Free Member

What a beauty! How do you find the coil? Have you just gone on (or close to) recommended settings for rebound/compression damping or are you finding it needs to be towards one of the extremes?

oikeith

Seb, that bike is a thing of beauty! To ask, what size frame did you opt for and is that the stock 150mm dropper?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

In the spirit of sharing here is mine:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/JeS9LT]24909946_1570454082992412_7848436272074320120_n[/url] by weewillywinky, on Flickr

fergal
    Free Member

Santa Cruz leave me cold, what is it about Orbea, these bikes look the buisness, they are doing something right.

davosaurusrex

What size is that groundskeeperwilly? Both of those up there look great. I can get an M10 for just under 3100 but am still concerned over room seated and am trying to resist!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘New Orbea Rallon – anyone ridden one?’ is closed to new replies.