Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Kinesis Prosix Cyclocross Bike, show us yours.
  • flip
    Free Member

Just built and i’m loving it, ignore bottle cages… 😐

Kinesis Prosix disc only F&F

Hewitt built Hope 2 on Mavic Open Pro CD with Shwalbe Smart Sams.

Shimano 105 groupset with new CX70 cyclocross chainset

Avid cable disc brakes

Easton bars BBB stem

SLR saddle

mustard
    Free Member

That looks tidy. I might have one if they had been out when I ordered my Tripster and was tempted as a replacement for the aforementioned when it bent but can’t justify the outlay so am going to order a Kaffenback instead.

antigee

cx racing people and stw purity enforcers look away now….

….mudguards! not regretting when riding but i’m sure will reduce some to tears

ok i’ll get my coat

xander
    Free Member

Nice. As soon as the CX disc rule change came along I got ready to sell my CX racer. Now gone to a purist!

Antigee – how did you attach the front guard? I think I see guiard mounts on the fork tips and seat stays, but the fork doesn’t look drilled. What about the other mounts?

antigee

how did you attach the front guard? I think I see guiard mounts on the fork tips and seat stays, but the fork doesn’t look drilled. What about the other mounts?

fork not drilled but has tapped hole, same on rear stays
    bent the rear mud guard supports around the brake but kinesis did include a little bracket that goes on the rear brake mount to make a cleaner looking job
    not much toe clearance with mudguards on front (since picture taken have cut off the excess metal rods)) small frame but i’m only size 8

fontmoss
    Free Member

I think discs for general riding would be awesome but in my one and only cross race then cantis were more than powerful enough to lock up wheels (and they aren’t that amazing cantis)

Basically I need a cross bike with discs and bottle bosses for playing and a canti version for races. Ah well I can dream

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is it light ?

flip
    Free Member

Is it light ?

Just weighed it, 19.8lb, quite suprised really 😉

Haven’t rode it in anger yet can’t wait.

druidh
    Free Member

fontmoss – Member
    I think discs for general riding would be awesome but in my one and only cross race then cantis were more than powerful enough to lock up wheels (and they aren’t that amazing cantis)

Basically I need a cross bike with discs and bottle bosses for playing and a canti version for races. Ah well I can dreamOr just have discs and learn not to squeeze the lever so hard?

druidh
    Free Member

flip – Member

Haven’t rode ridden it in anger yet can’t wait.

🙄

fontmoss
    Free Member

Or just have discs and learn not to squeeze the lever so hard?

If we’re applying that logic then why not use cantis and squeeze harder 😉

billyboy
    Free Member

I find my Kinesis Crosslight hybrid build a bit unforgiving. It definately benefited from a carbon seatpost. Having ridden a couple of other Kinesis bikes, mtb and road, I think it is a trait of the brand. BUT in general I’m pleased with mine…it does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Kinesis Prosix Cyclocross Bike, show us yours.’ is closed to new replies.