Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Helmet………Bell, Giro or Spesh??
  • priceyboy
    Free Member

Need to replace my old Giro Pnuemo, like the look of the Giro Ionos or Atmos, and maybe the Bell Sweep.

Will be used for mtb and road use

Any thoughts, comments or recommendations greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

druidh
    Free Member

Whatever fits best

scaredypants

I always buy Giro, ‘cos they fit me

what have you had before ?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have the spesh MTB one, it’s good, but I expect so are the others. As others say, try before you buy. The Giro ones get the best reviews.

colnagokid

A pneumo saved my head from a serious (road) crash- Ive even kept it to remind me to a a lid- wear a Bell Sweep now on the road, wear Giro E2 off road, had a few of them. Giro/Bell fit me specialized tend not to, and Ive a couple but never really got on with them

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fit is all – looks are unimportant

Ben_mw

Again, fit first.
    I wanted a Giro,but it just didn’t feel right, so tried a Bell that was spot on. Sweep XC by the way – removeable peak for roadie duties, and the adjustment dial thingie at the back is very good.

darrell
    Free Member

likewise Giro didnae fit me. so i use a 3 year old spesh decibel. excellent lid. use it for road and mtb duties.

clubber
    Free Member

I used Giro E2s for years because the fit me well but I got fed up with the rocloc breaking. I’ve now got a Bell Volt and I reckon it’s great – for some reason, it just feels more comfortable – I think that it’s because the rocloc equivalent is much more secure feeling and also the pads at the front are continuous which feels better than the separate ones on the Giros.

whytetrash

For me its an Atmos on the road Xen for getting dirty…..fit is good and as you had the pneumo should be fine for you….some less honest people crash in theirs and get a half price replacement….just an observation like!

stumpy01

Yep….fit is the main thing.

I replaced a cheapo Bell helmet with a Met Veleno and it’s nowhere near as comfy – better vented and fits OK, but just doesn’t seem as comfortable as the Bell. The adjustable bits dont’ seem to stay put either – I have to fiddle with it almost every ride.

Tried a Giro on a while back and that was really comfy & easy to adjust.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i use Giro they fit me well…… spexh look good but i was told by the LBS you have to have a kind of specialized head to fit the helmet ! ohh !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Helmet………Bell, Giro or Spesh??’ is closed to new replies.