Home Forums Bike Forum New Helmet – E2 or Athlon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Helmet – E2 or Athlon
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Time for a new helmet – should I get an 08 E2 cheap, or wait for the Athlon?

coatesy
    Free Member

May be worth looking at an Animas too, changed my E2 for one and didn’t notice any difference bar the £20 saving.

druidh
    Free Member

I broke my Animas and bought an E2 as a replacement. The E2 is lighter and much better ventilated (should either of those matter to you).

topangarider
    Free Member

Have a Havoc at the mo, and tried the E2 on next to the havoc in the bike shop – its defo much comfier.

Suppose its 20 quid to spend on that new chain I need!

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a E2 and now I have a 2008 Animas. Fit is similar, but E2 was a bit better ventilated. I didnt want to pay almost £70 (on sale,normally about £90) for a new E2 so got an Animas (managed to get it for £46 brand new – shop run out of 2007 sale models but they were still in stock on-line so just price matched a 2008 for me). It is a bit heavier than my mates Specialized Propero. But I just love the colours, looks, just a brill helmet.

If I had to pay 70-90 quid for an E2 or £46-£54 for an Animas (you can get them on sale somewhere) I would go for an Animas as I just cant see that much difference as a judgment of higher price.

I was also considering Met Veleno D as it had good reviews. JeJames had some offers on Met helmets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Helmet – E2 or Athlon’ is closed to new replies.