Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • New Genesis 29ers
  • Clink

Look good
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=396401810424329&set=a.153324338065412.34387.153321304732382&type=1&ref=nf

(FB so presume not all can see?)

High Latitude 29er platform. 435mm chainstays, XX44 HT, more tyre and front mech clearance than you can shake a stick at and a relaxed 69deg headangle. There’ll be x3 complete bikes ranging form £999 to £1699srp (1×10, 2×10 – pictured and Alfine11sp) and frame options for both the vertical and horizontal dropout options coming in at a competitive £329.99srp.

Baldysquirt

more info on the 18bikes news pages too.

monkeyboyjc

looks nice – at least they are doing a front sus 29r now….

Clink

Short(ish) chainstays – tick
    Relaxed ha – tick
    Takes tapered forks – tick
    £329 frame-only – ta-da!! 😀

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Yeah saw these on 18 bikes too, I like the look of them.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I see they’re doing an ALfine-11 version too

Why no rack mounts though? I know the Fortitude is covered in them, but what about the people who want to carry a rack AND have bouncy forks?

Clink

Why no rack mounts though? I know the Fortitude is covered in them, but what about the people who want to carry a rack AND have bouncy forks?

Easy – buy an On-one! 😉

brant
    Free Member

Titus Ti Fireline Evo coming soon 🙂

mlucas666
    Free Member

The frame’s coming out cheaper than the 26in version? Is it still 853 steel?

Clink

Titus Ti Fireline Evo coming soon

Evo bit sounds interesting!

ahwiles
    Free Member

mlucas666 – Member

The frame’s coming out cheaper than the 26in version? Is it still 853 steel?

nope.

it’ll be something like 520, which is fine by me.

anyway – Finally! – a 29er frame which isn’t weird/expensive/both.

i’ll be buying one.

Clink – Member

Evo bit sounds interesting!

‘Evo’ is latin for ‘sensible head angle’…

Clink

Brant – this is the frame On-one should/could have made 2 years ago…

scud
    Free Member

Brant, any more infor on the Titus Ti Fireline before i hit the button a Solaris today??? Riding a Scandal at present..

Gotama
    Free Member

And Brant whilst your lurking around on this thread any idea of timing for the more AM orientated Titus full sussers?

Mister-P
    Free Member

it’ll be something like 520

It will be Reynolds 520.

brant
    Free Member

Fireline Ti Evo is slack low short long 29er. Without rack mounts.

Gotama. Are you referring to 29er AM frames?
    El Guapo 29 hopefully here for December. All 142’d, new cable routing, loads of travel…

Clink

slack low short long 29er

😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Mister P, can you tell us/find out why no rack mounts?

I know frame bags are all the rage, but I also use my pannier rack for transporting packaages to post office etc. Can’t do that with a bag, and I like being able to use my mountain bike for it.

Panniers also good for loading up with baguettes 🙂

scud
    Free Member

If you want rack mounts, why not get a On One Scandal 29er frame, i’ve loved riding mine and it has rack mounts?

Clink

Oh and while you’re at it, what’s the seatpost diameter?

brant
    Free Member

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If you want rack mounts, why not get a On One Scandal 29er frame

Cos its not steel.

I’m just wondering why Genesis have decided not go down this route, other than reducing cost.

Gotama
    Free Member

Gotama. Are you referring to 29er AM frames?
    El Guapo 29 hopefully here for December. All 142’d, new cable routing, loads of travel…

Yep, sorry forgot to state wheelsize 😳

Clink

Cos its not steel.

I’m just wondering why Genesis have decided not go down this route, other than reducing cost.

As most people won’t want rack mounts on that type of frame?

brant
    Free Member

It’s really easy to fit a rack on to any bike even without rack mounts with p clips and 10mins in the garage.
    Racks are completely non standard and various bits always require bending and bodging to make things fit.
    Rack mounts spoil those clean lines that everyone loves so much on bikes.
    Do manufacturers lose more sales by having rack mounts than gain them by having them?

packer
    Free Member

Surprised there is no high end 853 option.
    Also surprised they are dropping the 26″ wheel Latitude completely.

Do manufacturers lose more sales by having rack mounts than gain them by having them?

I would say probably yes. It would put me off.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

It puts me off not having them. Not too bothered by the clean line thing, once you’ve got sliding dropouts, brake calliper adaptors, rohloff gear-box etc.

Clink

once you’ve got sliding dropouts, brake calliper adaptors, rohloff gear-box etc.

You’re in the minority then! 😉

mick_r

Hey Brant – you not made that copy of my E-stay 29er yet? 🙂

69 degree head works well, but really needs some proper short chainstays to get the best from it (provided you don’t want a front mech). I’ve just finished my next frame which comes in very close to the Genesis but with a 410mm chainstay (true length measured along the stay). Some rusty pictures here:-

http://loslobos06.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/finish-finish-finish-paint-paint-paint.html

brant
    Free Member

Hey Brant – you not made that copy of my E-stay 29er yet?

Love those chainstays. Saw something a few years ago, but never got around to copying it. Though other than funky cable routing, seems a bit pointless on the NDS chain stay?

MrTall
    Free Member

Any ideas on sizes?

I have a feeling the biggest will be 20″ (16/18/20?) but it doesn’t mention it on the 18 bikes news page.

20″ would be too small for me 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

16/17.5/19/20.5″ – from flickr

linky

FAO 18bikes; i’ll have a 20.5″ as soon as you can get one, please and ta!

orange
    Free Member

nice!

but no fan of the curtains/carpet though!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Rode that alfine high latitude in aviemore at the launch and it was really nice to ride. I didnt like the alfine hub gears but once I was used to it and got on with riding the bike it was a really nice handling bike.
    the new mantle alloy framed 29er was nice too. only had a quick spin on that though so not exactly definitive. 🙂

corroded
    Free Member

One of those with an Alfine and in 853 and I’m sold…

thedon
    Free Member

I’m starting to like the look of 29ers more than 26ers 😯

fenred
    Free Member

Oooh tempting…Look forward to further details 8)

bentudder

I’m quite liking the colours of the prototypes they showed at Icebike earlier this year: clicky.

Back then, they had an 853 version.

That said, they’ve smashed the frame-only price for a 29er – £330 is awesome. I bought a frame-only Io singlespeed in 520 years ago, and it was a bargain. If they’re got the numbers right for the 16″ frame, I am having one of these.

Clink

New Saracen 29ers look good too – think they are doing a Zen 29er – not sure if this is it?

mick_r

Brant – you and your asymmetric tendencies! I like symmetry, and I’m lazy so only wanted to work out one lot of chainstay bends, one base dropout design etc – hence matching stays on the NDS.

And symmetrical stays mean equal mud carrying capability and perfect lateral balance 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘New Genesis 29ers’ is closed to new replies.