Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • new flat shoes needed
  • andybrad

I nearly cried last last night as the sole dropped off my old five ten impacts. I’ve got crap feet and they always felt secure and safe in these shoes.

Is there anything as good on the market? I’m hoping to pick some up from blazing saddles ( or other) today. Are the vxi the way forward or these new 2fo ones from specialized

I do a lot of pushing so good grip and a stiff sole are important to me but not more than a secure fit. Any real world advice appreciated

deviant
    Free Member

I’ve got the Five Tens that look lighter and a bit more like normal trainers (Spitfire), they still have the grippy sole but i found a lot of their range was just too clumpy and i’d revert back to Adidas Samba retro trainers….but the Spitfires are great.

grahamt1980

Adidas terrex trail cross are worth a look.
    I got a set recently when my old set of impacts died.
    They have stealth rubber on them and don’t look anywhere near as remedial as five tens

andybrad

Any idea where I can get those from?

The spitfire ones are too lightweight. I’d break my tootsies

steveoath
    Free Member

Teva links are comfy.

downhilldave

Got three pair’s of Five Ten’s. A pair of Freeride’s that i use every day as trainers, a pair of VXi elements with the part smooth sole, good but slippy in Calderdale mud and a pair of VXi Impacts with the super sticky MI6 sole much better for pushing in and much lighter than the older Impacts that I had. Also dry very quickly. Love em.

Edit- had some Teva Links but the newer Five Tens are better all round IMO

andybrad

Right just need to build a nursery then get down to the shop

mutley

Shimano AM41’s. On my second pair and love them. Keep you dry in the winter and not too hot in the summer. Stick like glue to the pedals and fine to walk in

cheekyboy
    Free Member

For the last 6 months I have been using Five Ten Tennies, they are not sold as MTB specific and as such are free from all the usual MTB hype/guff. They have the same sole material and stick to the pedals. Inspection will show they are a superior quality shoe compared to a MTB specific one.

grahamt1980

I ended up ordering the adidas from adidas germany.
    Had to google for them as they are new and seem to be in short supply

Goldigger
    Free Member

Interested on how the adidas size up..
    Let me know when you get yours please?

kudos100
    Free Member

had 2 pairs of shimanos and the soles lasted 6 months on each. I took punt on the 2fos and so far they are great. pretty damn stiff to start with and made my feet hurt for the first few rides, but now they have worn in. sole looks like it will last a lot longer than the am41s

andybrad

well spent most of the afternoon trying all the bike shops in calderdale and no one has a size 7 in anything other than the am41.

bugger

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘new flat shoes needed’ is closed to new replies.