Home Forums Bike Forum New eBike – Help me decide ?

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • New eBike – Help me decide ?
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is Rise LT I tested. I do actually really like the colour, or what you can see of it under all the mud. The pink SL wasn’t too bad either , just didn’t get a snap of that.

This was the M-Team version, but in reality it isnt going to be much different in spec, mainly an air shock rather than coil.

boardmanfs18

Nice!  Are they still quoting a November arrival in the UK?

dyna-ti

10K ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are they still quoting a November arrival in the UK?

Take a look at the Orbea website, its actually very good in terms of it tells you were all potential stock is in the UK, and ETAs

I believe Leisure Lakes pre ordered about 20 bikes (various models/sizes) which will come in early July time. Looking on Orbea it looks like stuff that isnt pre ordered is Nov/Dec delivery. I know thats what a couple of my more local LBSs are as they hadnt pre ordered.

10K ?

Invoice price of £7,779. I am getting a ‘free’ Di2 upgrade as well :-)  If you attend Leisure Lakes demo days they offer up to 10% off RRP bikes which isnt bad on bikes that are these silly prices.

The bike is going on salary sacrifice so Leisure Lakes said they couldn’t do 10% discount but did put the Di2 in the deal. Looks as though roughly its going to cost £5k all in over 1 year on SS.

Have to say the service I’ve had from Leisure Lakes has been first class so far. First time Ive bought anything from then since probably 1992 when I bought a Klein Fervor from them in Bury when they were still selling windsurfing stuff, before they moved to the bigger shop in Bury

duckman
    Free Member

In defence of cubes….My other mtb is a PX vandal which has pretty modern geo and I don’t find myself relearning how to ride a bike on the cube. 750 battery meant we did three Angus Glens with 1km of climbing and 50km and each had 30% battery left recently. However after work I went to the local woods and spend an hour on turbo…and did a third of that.😊

john dough
    Free Member

I can get 70 miles out of one charge with my fuel exe it only really gets turned on when I am knackered and the hill is just a wee bit too much for the 50 year old legs , it rides like a standard fuel ex but has the addition of the power for hills , even 10 percent assist on lowest setting is enough.

If you want to turbo it and I say turbo with a smile because it isnt a bosch or levo level kick by any stretch you will get 20 miles

Its reay more like an MTB for people who want to ride like they stole it down hill but are reaching peak age where uphills = a lot more effort than they need to and so a gentle helping hand is on offer.

b33k34

Any time I start the ride off in trail mode though, Eco always feels like it’s not doing anything. I think it’s too easy to get used to the assistance and you start to miss it when it’s not there. I think this is why people who have ridden FF bikes say that SL bikes are too low on power. They’re not, you just need to get used to it

I can ride my Rise with the motor off and it’s no real problem if I start a ride like that, but ride it with assistance and then turn it off and it feels terrible.  Same issue if I ride a meat bike off road now – have to adjust the speed I tackle the climbs at or just break myself.

Weights of the new Rise cannot be found anywhere currently, but on a Facebook Group someone has said the M10 LT with 630wh battery in Large is 20.3kg.

This was a 420wh version. Even the Orbea guys said it is slightly more nimble than the 630wh so will have to see when it comes.

Orbea are claiming the new bike is lighter than the old one.  A few changes to the frame will have added a little (saw something about 50g for the brace) but the biggest difference is the battery. New 620 is a kilo heavier than the OG360 but 900g lighter than the original 360 plus range extender (which gave about the same capacity)

I think the weights look like this – the new battery is lighter than the original by about 400g.

420wh + 400g = OG360wh +600g = 620wh +900g = OG360+RX

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.