Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New cycle clothing company, D2D
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I came across this new clothing company, mostly roadie but good for xc. I bought a jersey and shorts and the quality is excellent and really good value.

They have a website and also sell through eBay.

Home

Nothing to do with me btw

muddodger
    Free Member

I’d also like to recommend this company.
    Bought a jersey after seeing this link, ordered the wrong size and after contacting them and sending the original back a replacement was sent, 1st class return post! 4 days from ordering the original to receiving the second one.

Good quality, good value, very good service, what more could you ask for?
    I’m just waiting for some more info on their bibshorts before ordering a pair.

nothing to do with me either!

MoreCashThanDash

Looks good value if the quality is as good as the OP suggests

averageatbest
    Free Member

I saw a few jerseys of these last week on the tour of the peak sportive. Looked quite nice to be fair. May try one after pay day.

swisstony
    Free Member

Glad people are happy with the stuff,

With regard to the bib shorts, having always had mountain bike baggies liners this was my first venture into bib shorts and I don’t think I’ll go back. The pad is so much better than any mountain bike ones I’ve had and having everything tucked in is good too, except I’m still working out the best way for trail wee’s!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

New website I guess but I have seen d2d stuff around for quite a while. Shame that they didn’t go for less obtrusive logos. I hate riding around wearing a billboard. It will be KoM dots next!!!!

averageatbest
    Free Member

Don’t mind a few logo’s to be honest. They make you look faster!

To be fair, I still love my worn out 2006 CSC Team jersey. That had 7 logo’s/adverts on. The old ONCE jersey was a favourite of mine too apart from when somebody asked why the logo was of someone taking a slash!

Modern pro road jerseys seem to be much more boring these days.

averageatbest
    Free Member

Well my jersey arrived today and I must say, on first inspection, its rather nice. Quality seems excellent and delivered in one day so cant fault the service. It will get an outing tomorrow and if it feels as good on the bike as of it, I may just order the shorts.

nickdavies

I had a tickle from this thread as I needed some new bibs and thought for £30 they looked pretty good.
    Ordered them from ebay arrived next day and look good quality fit is good. Going to get a set of armwarmers too, would like to try the jerseys but I refuse to wear kit covered in brands and they’re a bit OTT which is a shame.

Between them and funkier I could probably do all my bike kit cos it’s good value, but why to they both have to plaster logos all over it! Most of my road kit is lusso which is much more understated.

averageatbest
    Free Member

Hi Nick

Thinking of getting the shorts. What is the sizing like on the shorts. In near cases I am a medium, but I did need to go xl when I bought my last pair (Castelli).

Cheers

MrOvershoot

Bit small on the tops!
    XXL 44” – 46” 112cm – 117cm

The shorts I could fit an XL but with a 50″ chest I might struggle to draw breath in the tops?

Best stop the weights 🙁

nickdavies

Shorts are snug, I’d say a bit tighter than my lusso bibs, but never tried Castelli kit to compare. I’m around 35 inch waist and I went large, they’re a smidge on the tight side on the legs but I have a pair of tree trunks for pistons so you may differ.

After a couple of rides I’d say they’re not quite as good as my lusso core bibs but they’re 2/3rds of the price. I’ve done a couple of 30-40k rides with them and I’d definitely reach for the others if I was doing 50k plus, the pads not fantastic, but I’m fairly pleased with them given the 30 quid cost.

averageatbest
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Going to go ahead with the bib short purchase. I do like a matching kit! 8)

I’ve worn the jersey again today and I can’t fault it. It’s as good, if not better than some of my older jerseys that cost me twice as much. I normally pay a small fortune for shorts so it will be interesting. Cheers.

averageatbest
    Free Member

Well, the shorts arrived and have been worn. I can only compare them to the Castelli and Assos shorts I’ve worn over the last few years. Now, off the bike I must say that they do not feel a good a fit as my Castelli and Assos ones, though I didn’t expect them to be to be fair. They do not feel as snug and the pad does feel a little stiff. However, on the bike they performed just as well and I felt no difference at all in comfort. As I said the pad feels a little stiff off the bike when stood around, but I was very impressed with the pad while riding. For £30 I can’t fault them and may buy another pair when needed. That being said, I haven’t worn a pair of £30 bib shorts for years, so not sure of the standard for that price.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

got some socks off them ,there very nice quality and very reasonable (cheap) 😀

averageatbest
    Free Member

Recently bought myself the D2D mesh vest as they are only £20. I have worn it a number of times already and they are wonderful. Its the first time I have worn one of these mesh vests (any brand) and its now become one of those things you buy and then think, how did I manage without it! I guess all makes of these vests perform in a similar way. The main benefit seems to come from the fact that they keep a sweaty/wet jersey away from the skin. Which seems to pay off on long descents when my torso would normally cool down, especially in the evening. I’m tempted to splash out on a Castelli one to see if they are worth the extra £10. Anyone tried the Castelli core mesh version?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New cycle clothing company, D2D’ is closed to new replies.