Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New blog from aspiring racer & industry insider
  • spock
    Free Member

I work in the cycle industry and am aiming to have a successful race season in 2014, i’ve started a blog and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

http://racingthroughthepark.blogspot.co.uk/

richpips
    Free Member

Well you asked so here goes. Imho a blog needs to be one of these – interesting, informative, aspirational or amusing.

I follow a few blogs and they all fit into one of the above categories.

Interesting or infomative is obviously subjective, but I see little in your posts so far that would invite me back.

Try for at least one decent picture per post.

it’s a blog not twitter. Write a few paragraphs, not something that could be easily summaried in two tweets.

“Recovery” wtf has that bike frame have do to with the title, and or the rest of your post.

Oh, and only sw*ar when absolutely necessary.

D- 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Well you asked so here goes. Imho a blog needs to be one of these – interesting, informative, aspirational or amusing

+1

hope you aren’t planning on a degree in creative writing..

you need to think about why people are following the blog and maintain the common link

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s probably best I don’t….I’m on my 2nd Leffe.

oldgit
    Free Member

Or become a Blogger like me with failed CSE English, folk mistake my inability to string two words together as some sort of cheeky chappy charm.
    I probably wouldn’t bother to see how you’re getting on 😕

Northwind

Put yourself in the reader’s seat, don’t just post what you think is interesting, post what you think they might find interesting. (if you always think this is the same thing, then you are either the most interesting person who has ever lived, or a bore.)

I found it perfectly good as far as it goes but yeah, won’t click it again- nothing objectionable about it, it just doesn’t have any real draw either.

rickon
    Free Member

Please use proper grammar, also capitalise ‘I’.

Your sentence construction doesn’t flow very well – read what you’ve written, afterwards, and think how you can make the words flow better.

Read some other blogs, the only ones I would read are those that don’t take themselves seriously. Given your topic isn’t of much public interest, make your content enthralling.

To be perfectly honest, is anyone going to bothered reading about someone else training for an amateur sport?

I have had two local ales, and I’m a pedantic ass.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New blog from aspiring racer & industry insider’ is closed to new replies.