Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike thread… Specialized, HT, 26"
  • weeksy

Specialized Myka 26 – 2013 Ladies Mountain Bike | Hargroves Cycles

Mrs Weeksy has aspirations for 2014 for getting out more, our lad is over 5 years old now and she’s missing out at times on some of the riding me and him do and the time we spend together… So got her this for Xmas.

“£270, that’s expensive isn’t it?” was her comment.

I then told her my wheels cost more than that LOL.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I got my Mrs one of those a couple of years ago now.
    It’s been a good little bike and is more than enough for what she likes to ride, even with the v-brakes.

weeksy

Yeah I had the option to spend £80-100 more and get the disc version, but TBH it’s all a bit pointless this early on… if she starts getting more technical then sure, why not… but for now, we’ll keep it cheap and simple.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Is it disk brake compatible? Some of the lower end ones don’t have the mounts on the frame or the fork.

weeksy

Dunno mate and don’t really care in all honesty. Considering the price I can pick up another set of 26″ forks for and I have some Shimano disk brakes at home…. It would be an easy job in all honesty. But I doubt she’ll need them for a few years.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I got one of them for my misses last Christmas, then someone nicked it! She only got to ride it once 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bike thread… Specialized, HT, 26"’ is closed to new replies.