Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New bike shop in Macclesfield
  • sambob
    Free Member

Called Macclesfield Cycles. Anyone know if it’s any good? Walked past it this morning, didn’t know it was there as I’ve not walked through town for a while. Never properly used Peak Cyclesport but wasn’t that impressed when I had a look around, seemed very disorganised.

carlos
    Free Member

Where’s it at then??

sambob
    Free Member

Hibel Road end of Jordangate, on the right just before the Library. Plenty of footfall, just whether it’s the footfall they want.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Near pizza express? Not walked up there for ages either – will have a nosy tomorrow

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers, Might pop in for a peek myself if I get time tomorrow.

sambob
    Free Member

Yep, but further towards Jordangate car park. I think it’s the last shop before the big house/ flats, opposite Lajawab.

carlos
    Free Member

Scrap that the link didn’t work. Won’t be hard to find anyway

sambob
    Free Member

here ish

cb

Could never work PeakCyclesport out – they never seemed to be open. At least until they moved into town. Friendly enough when I popped in but feels a bit sparse in there. Not seen the new one – will give it a try in the morning.

sambob
    Free Member

I’ll try and get a look in next week. That’s what I thought about Peak Cyclesport, did seem friendly, just a bit odd. Is Bikes still on Park Lane?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yep bikes is still there – Dave has run it for years, mainly kids bikes and bmx stuff

carlos
    Free Member

Drove past today and it was shut, the shop front colour isn’t exactly attention grabbing and could easily be missed if you didn’t know it was there. Lots of chargeable parking in Jordangate multi storey but **** all anywhere else thats close and free

Is it actually open yet?

sambob
    Free Member

Not sure, it had opening times on the door but not walked past it when it would be open, so I wasn’t sure. Might be opening next week or something?

Random
    Free Member

Isn’t “Macclesfield Cycles” the name of the very dour roadie shop on Chester Road?

monogramman
    Free Member

Think that used to be dee side cycles?

carlos
    Free Member

Random ~ could have been, but he’s been shut quite a while now.

Anyhow, I had to walk past today and at a guess its going to be a Road bike orientated shop, its very small inside (unless the rear is a bit of a cave) and it’s not even finished being knocked about inside (joiners tools and the like on the floor) and no bike bits whatsoever.

Going to be another week or so before doors open, looking at it.

dan_cube
    Free Member

Heres a question…

If someone opened a decent bike shop in MAcclesfield would people shop/use services there…

MTB/Road friendly with Staff that are knowledgable and ride…

carlos
    Free Member

Peak cycles seems to do Ok,as does cycle store in Mongleton.

Whats your point?

M6TTF
    Free Member

@dan_cube – yes, saves getting in the car to go to mongleton. However as I’m sure you;re aware cyclestore ran a shop in Macc for a while but then closed it. Not sure if it was down to it being unprofitable? Shad would probably know

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New bike shop in Macclesfield’ is closed to new replies.