Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Bike Shed is underway!
  • PePPeR

Well I finally managed to rip the old knackered sheds down and have just found a load of 3×2 old council slabs cheap for a base. My nice new shiny shed should be here within the week and I’m now busy planning how I’m going to fit it out!

mactheknife

Good luck with this, i have just been told my lock-up will not be available to me from next month so going to have to get a new shed 😯 and added security for my toys.

How is crime in your area, will your bikes be safe enough or are u thinking about security?

PePPeR

Funnily enough I’m doing this as I’ve moved house and the garage I had is now 3 mile away and I reckon I’ll get the money back pretty quickly over what I pay in rent! 2 years and it’ll have paid for itself. I’ve got 6′ garden fence all the way round and I’ve left a length of heavy duty chain in a big block of concrete under the shed base which I’ll thread through the shed floor and use as my main security.

mactheknife

sounds good, when i had my shed broken in about a year ago they but the chains off no bother, but i have a plan to dig a big hole and fill with concrete, then in the concrete have a metal stake coming up through the shed floor onto which i will weld a few loops for passing heavy security chain through. Plus i have a plan to get an alarm on the door.

Good luck bud.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Just got a new shed from Focus, was £399 got it for £155 in the closing down sale. They had them starting from £65. It closes on Tuesday if there’s anything left, you will need to arrange your own delivery too. Just been laying the slabs to put mine on.

amodicumofgnar

mmmmmmm sheds

+1 for the biggest ground anchor you can do, sorry but some of that flagging is going to have to go.

As an alarm I recomend an angry border collie that lives in a barrel.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Installed an alarm in my old shed. Two zone type I think, one zone for the door and the other was a simple loop arrangement (2 banana plugs a length of wire and then 2 banana sockets on a blank face plate) threaded through the bikes!

mollski
    Free Member

weres the bikes photo lol

PePPeR

Bikes will be in there later, got too many bikes, 8 bikes to store and then a workshop to try and keep tidy 😉

It’s a 16 x 8 shed so pretty damm big! I bought a 7×7 from B&Q a few months ago and paid £100 for it, but I decided it was too small so have gone for a big bugger!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Shed is underway!’ is closed to new replies.