New Bike Shed is underway!

Home Forum Chat Forum New Bike Shed is underway!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Bike Shed is underway!
  • Premier Icon mactheknife
    Subscriber

Good luck with this, i have just been told my lock-up will not be available to me from next month so going to have to get a new shed 😯 and added security for my toys.

How is crime in your area, will your bikes be safe enough or are u thinking about security?

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

Funnily enough I’m doing this as I’ve moved house and the garage I had is now 3 mile away and I reckon I’ll get the money back pretty quickly over what I pay in rent! 2 years and it’ll have paid for itself. I’ve got 6′ garden fence all the way round and I’ve left a length of heavy duty chain in a big block of concrete under the shed base which I’ll thread through the shed floor and use as my main security.

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

Well I finally managed to rip the old knackered sheds down and have just found a load of 3×2 old council slabs cheap for a base. My nice new shiny shed should be here within the week and I’m now busy planning how I’m going to fit it out!

Premier Icon mactheknife
    Subscriber

sounds good, when i had my shed broken in about a year ago they but the chains off no bother, but i have a plan to dig a big hole and fill with concrete, then in the concrete have a metal stake coming up through the shed floor onto which i will weld a few loops for passing heavy security chain through. Plus i have a plan to get an alarm on the door.

Good luck bud.

King-ocelot

Just got a new shed from Focus, was £399 got it for £155 in the closing down sale. They had them starting from £65. It closes on Tuesday if there’s anything left, you will need to arrange your own delivery too. Just been laying the slabs to put mine on.

Premier Icon oldagedpredator
    Subscriber

mmmmmmm sheds

+1 for the biggest ground anchor you can do, sorry but some of that flagging is going to have to go.

As an alarm I recomend an angry border collie that lives in a barrel.

giant_scum

Installed an alarm in my old shed. Two zone type I think, one zone for the door and the other was a simple loop arrangement (2 banana plugs a length of wire and then 2 banana sockets on a blank face plate) threaded through the bikes!

mollski

weres the bikes photo lol

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

Bikes will be in there later, got too many bikes, 8 bikes to store and then a workshop to try and keep tidy 😉

It’s a 16 x 8 shed so pretty damm big! I bought a 7×7 from B&Q a few months ago and paid £100 for it, but I decided it was too small so have gone for a big bugger!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Shed is underway!’ is closed to new replies.