Home Forums Bike Forum New bike, Planet X tempest!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New bike, Planet X tempest!
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

A popular choice on this forum and I can see why. Only done 2 rides on it so far and it’s just lovely. Built up with some nice carbon wheels, 43 mm gravel kings and red shift suspension stem and it’s like a magic carpet ride

I’m lucky to own a couple of bikes worth many times more than it, but I think this one may be my favorite!

Only slight downside is you can’t fit an internal dropper, but that’s not really an issue give what I use it for

Can’t post pics, but I can confirm it looks lovely as well😁

tpbiker
    Free Member

8271BC9C-5746-4E9A-B4AE-4FF01FE9D8FB

racefaceec90

i would love to get a tempest one day, enjoy.

nickc

That looks lovely!!

chakaping

Gorgeous bike.

A former colleague had one and used to park it behind my desk, such a clean and well-proportioned design.

MrSparkle

A former colleague had one and used to park it behind my desk, such a clean and well-proportioned design.

How about the bike? ;0)

I like mine. It’s ace.

hardtailonly

Grass length is not bad, but could do with a feed.

Valves should be at 12.00.

Crankset at 2.45.

Lovely bike. I’ve got an On One Pickenflick, so very similar and a great frame! Enjoy.

cogglepin

Lovely looking bike are they not, changed the wheels on mine to Hunt 4 seasons, went tubeless and fitted a Hope carbon seatpost, made a world of difference. Sadly I don’t use it anymore as the mtb has taken over again.

BlobOnAStick

Nice. Love mine.

I have wide mudguards and wheels (40mm Schwalbe G1) for comfy stuff/off road and narrow wheels (25mm Schwalbe P1) and mudguards for winter roady stuff.

Although I have to say it looks more purposeful up there^^^ without mudguards…

timmys

That looks gorgeous. I’m half looking for a ‘proper’ gravel bike as a upgrade (mainly in comfort) over the cyclocross bike I currently use for gravel stuff – I note though that XL fame is ‘sold out’ – any idea what that actually means in Planet X terms? Presumable not that they’ll never have them again!

Only slight downside is you can’t fit an internal dropper

If you do decide your want a dropper, the KS Lev is a good option for external routing. The release is fixed at the collar, so no unsightly cable loops of old. Had mine for years now, so there may be other, better options out there, dunno.

Haven’t got a better pic, soz, cropped this down from a bigger one of my Shan

2023-03-09_04-39-05~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

AXS dropper FTW. GKs will enhance your handling skills in current off road conditions!

centripedal
    Free Member

Lovely bike, congrats! I have one myself and the redshift stem to boot. I had a Brooks cambium saddle but the carbon rails proved too weak off road : (

Eventually passed on my road bikes and just have the Tempest with a few different wheel & tyre choices.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Brooks cambium

ive got one of these on mine also!

@timmys
    when I bought mine they were due another batch in 2 months, and tbf to them I got an email on the day it was meant to be in saying it had been shipped. So they aren’t all bad

Just been out on it and it started snowing. Interesting tyre choice for those conditions

BlobOnAStick

@tpbiker are those flared bars? Got any shots from different angle?

…. and what wheels are those? Selcof ones?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not really flared, 12 degree pro discovery. Bought as I wanted a slightly shorter reach

Wheels are prime carbon orra. Was going to get the zip 303s but these were 300 quid cheaper and to my eye looked nicer. Had a few sets of prime wheels before and I like them, although the free hubs aren’t the most robust

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.