Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Bike Day!!! It's even wife sanctioned!
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

40th pressie to myself, Onza Payoff, rev forks, XT/Sunrace 10spd, ancient hope mono’s, scratched to bits carbon seatpost (will get a dropper on there for CHristmas), Superstar tactic wheels, big S tyres. Well chuffed. Brraaaarrrp.

Mrs S does the gardening, I’ll pass on any constructive criticism, with names and addresses.

‘Arty’ just finished at 00:30 shot

superstu
    Free Member

Very nice

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that. Needs some onza ules grips though 🙂

jekkyl

Nice! There’s something so prepossessing about steel frames. Love em.

Are you planning on replacing the mismatched colour stem and brakes? I’m getting twitchy eye over that green stem.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Eventually Jekyll, off my old full susser that had a green ano thing going on. funds allowing. Brakes will stay. Re the Ules grips, if i could match them with a porcupine on the front we’d be in retro business.

DezB
    Free Member

I like how the stem picks out the colour of the leaves.

matt_outandabout

Cracking. But change the stem, please…

buckster
    Free Member

Nice bike mate. Genuine question, is the chain the right length?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Could probably lose a link or two, it’s not rubbing in top gear though (I dont think)

*runs out to shed*

jimwah
    Free Member

Looks good that, nice proportions. I like the green stem too, just needs a green seat post collar to balance it 😉

AlexSimon

I hadn’t heard of the frame, but it looks great!

fathomer

Very nice, you can’t beat a nice steel framed hardtail in the looks department!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/activities/765020791

following a test ride and some beer I can confirms it’s a little bobby dazzler, loads moar grip on the 29 wheels than 26, even in the epic slop we were riding in last night, need to change the 34 tooth though, was a bit ambitious with that one!

kayak23

Very nice for a big wheeler.
    Plant to left of back door needs some tlc.

trumpton
    Free Member

good to see people using hartails. Enjoy.

AlexSimon

thestabiliser – is that a good ride? It’s close to my parent’s house so could fit in a cheeky after-visit ride.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not really, it’s shit up. We shouldnt have ridden it really but one of the lads had his dog with him so we couldnt change plans when the rain came (all off road and next to the pub). for the 3 driest days of the year it’s a belting ride, or if it’s good and frosty. Use it to get a cross to Chapel House wood AKA simpson ground and Haverthwaite heights/finsthwaite too. Can be linked up with some Cartmel routes. The downhill bit to the clock tower is blast though, there’s some nice little cheeky bits in those woods and round bigland hall too.

AlexSimon

ta – excuse my while a peruse your strava for alternatives 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’ll need to go back a bit! have had a lazy september/october!

chakaping
    Free Member

Very nice.

Keep an eye out for a more suitable stem though please.

😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day!!! It's even wife sanctioned!’ is closed to new replies.