Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • new bike, AM wagon wheel content. commencal meta AM2 29
  • weeksy

After reading Doug basque’s reports I’ve been a yes/no, on/off on getting line for a while.

So, sealed the sale of Spearfish and pulled the pin on it. Only downside is, the shops are closed!

I’m tempted to collect so I can use on Sunday instead of waiting for delivery!
    [Img]http://cdn-30.create.net/siteimages/30/3/3/303314/2791592/f_2870899.jpg[/IMG]

Ordered and arriving asap!

http://www.moredirt.com/reviews/Review-Commencal-Meta-AM2-29er/4210

FRAME: META AM 29 130mm.
    SHOCK:Fox Float CTD.
    FORK: Fox 32 Float CTD Open Cartridge, QR15, 130mm.
    HEADSET: Neco semi integrated zero stack tapered,sealed bearings.
    STEM: Commencal VIP OS.
    BARS: Commencal VIP 0,75″ OS 6061, 730mm.
    GRIPS: New Commencal Lock on.
    BRAKES: Formula RX 12 180/180.
    SHIFTERS: NEW Sram Trigger X5 2×10.
    CHAIN DEVICE: Sram X7 direct mount 10speed.
    REAR MECH: AR Sram X7 10spd.
    BOTTOM BRACKET: Included w/crankset.
    CRANKS: Sram X5 38/24 10spd.
    CHAIN: Yaban 10sp.
    CASSETTE: Sram PG-1030 11-36.
    RIMS: Jalco 29″ reinforced double wall for Commencal.
    HUBS: Commencal disc by joytech, sealed bearings, 15QR front/142×12 rear.
    SPOKES: Stainless black 64p 3x lacing.
    TIRES: Kenda Nevegal 2,2 Front and Rear, Blackwall.
    SEATPOST: Commencal VIP 31,6mm.
    SADDLE: Commencal Race by Velo.
    BIKE WEIGHT: 14,5kg.

singlecrack
    Free Member

They open tomorrow ???

weeksy

I’m away tomorrow so not back in Berks till Fri, so may see if I can collect Sat. I’m doing the SPAM enduro ride on Sunday and would mean I don’t have to get the Spearfish dirty before its collected.

rickon
    Free Member

Very nice 🙂 I fancy one of these myself, the am1, just cause its neon yellow 😉

Where you gonna be riding it?

weeksy

Ridiculously, mostly XC in Berks, Swinley etc.But plan on doing more trail centre stuff. I have a hire bike booked for Moraine but i’m very tempted to cancel it and take mine now

JCL
    Free Member

That guy in the moredirt review knows what’s up.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ooh, a bit of pressure on me! That’s the fastest bike I have ever ridden, seriously fast and fun. I loved it. I might even buy one myself for next year 🙂

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Slogo
    Free Member

heres mine! I really don’t push it, shame. is really fast once it gets going. Plus with the 110-1430mm forks it goes up too.

rickon
    Free Member

1430mm forks!!!!!!

You iz awesomz.

mssansserif
    Free Member

I had the same thought when CRC were doing good deals on the 2012 version. Doug basque’s report was also the deciding factor (should be on commission). Here’s mine straight out the box, I’ve ridden it and love it just no dirty pictures yet.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yeah, they wanted their bike back and I never got another one to try 🙂 I think the Frank Zappa in the video offended them!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Nice looking bike and a good deal on CRC for the AM1.

No water bottle mount is a deal breaker…

chakaping
    Free Member

Just had a look at that AM1, the shittyness of the components they put on what was a £3.7k bike is just remarkable.

Might’ve considered one if it had a set of Crossmax or similar and better transmission than X7.

weeksy

I accepted the drive train limitations, as I’m getting much higher spec bouncy bouts with more travel, over time I will increase the shifting specs to clutch mech etc

chakaping
    Free Member

The one you’ve got looks decent value at £1.6k, the top-end one was a joke.

weeksy

Out of interest, anyone know what type of BB it comes with

All it seems to say is it’s an SRAM X5 and ‘included with crankset’

I assume a bog standard GXP then ?

sillyoldman

Press-fit Shimano type.

weeksy

Saw one in the flesh today, lovely it is, I’m even more excited now

oldfart

I’m confused ! Thought you got the Endorphin ? 😳

weeksy

No mate, the swap was done on that and Xmas eve I was telling the wife, she then informed me she’d put money down on one of these for me!

oldfart

She’s a keeper for sure and u r a lucky chap !

weeksy

LOL i had to pay most of it… but it’s the thought that counts

Chainline
    Free Member

Nice.

weeksy

Bike being built and prepped today… shipped tomorrow… arrives Thurs 🙂

weeksy

Tick tock tick tock….

I’ve got a pile of tools, helicopter tape, coffee and ‘fish and chips’ snacks sitting ready and waiting… pics in the kitchen to arrive as soon as the box does

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe lets wait until you get a picture up before your next post. Enjoy it.

matt_outandabout

Let us hope RM have not decided it is on the dangerous goods list… 😉

Mbnut
    Free Member

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue26/?t=Commencal-Meta-AM-3-2014-Mountain-Bike-Review-and-Test&page=103

A nice review of the 650B version to wet the appetite… the bike rather than the trail comes alive on this occasion.

granny_ring

They do look nice bikes. Would be interested to hear your thoughts when you’ve built it up and how heavy it is.

excitable1
    Free Member

How obviously bloody single is mssansserif 😯 ?!!!

Black leather sofa, wide screen TV, Xbox Rock Band, 3 guitars, trainers left by the sofa and a new bike in the lounge. Clearly no woman nagging in the background there.

Carlsberg don’t do man palaces but if they did….. 😀

Northwind

chakaping – Member

Just had a look at that AM1, the shittyness of the components they put on what was a £3.7k bike is just remarkable.

Aye, almost up (down?) to Orange standards.

weeksy

Well the Meta AM29 has landed, been built and is ready for testing almost. Just need to do a bit of heli taping on it first. Although not sure where as with internal cabling there’s no rubbing of course.

first impressions are it’s a bit RAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHH. It feels and seems massively robust and burly compared to the Spearfish… it’s built like the proverbial tank.

the internal routing is lovely… including the extra bit for the dropper seatpost on the headstock and seatube.. nice touch that. The shockguard looks a bit flimsy, it’s a small piece of Neoprene basically over the shock at the rear, but you never know, it may be brilliant.

Bars are 730mm, but seem a lot wider, making the general size of the thing seem even greater.

Added a few PSI into both the front and rear shocks, seem how that is and go from there. Not really played with the CTD function yet, but doesn’t seem to fully lock the forks on C.

pics here of course.

Northwind

Mmmmm, nice. Out of curiosity, for the internal routing, are the holes sealed up (or totally filled with cable)? Pet hate of mine when frames fill with crap!

weeksy

Bathroom scales with and without bike in my arms give me a weight of 34.8lb built.

It does feel HEAVY to pick up i must admit.

We’ll see how much difference the HOPE/Crests make

weeksy

Northwind – Member
    Mmmmm, nice. Out of curiosity, for the internal routing, are the holes sealed up (or totally filled with cable)? Pet hate of mine when frames fill with crap!

Most have rubber seals to keep it all in place, the one for dropper doesn’t, neither does the one where the brake cable comes out of the swingarm.

Scamper
    Free Member

Very nice. Have a 2013 26 AM waiting to be built up after finally working out what BB and Headset is required. Mine came with 3 of those chain stay protectors but I can’t work out where the smallest goes?

In terms of weight I’m getting my frame at a whopping 8.7lbs 😯

weeksy

wheel and tyre combo must be VERY heavy, the Hope/Crest combo come in at almost 600gr lighter per wheel.

Standard with Nevegal, 2950gr REAR
    Hope with Maxxis Aspen 2400gr REAR

granny_ring

That’s a heavy one that is…….

weeksy

Aye… it’s deffo on the heavy side… it’s made my decision as to whether to buy an XC29 bike for later in the years XC events a LOT easier hahahaha

weeksy

Question for owners/riders, do you get tyre rub on the inside of chainstay protector?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘new bike, AM wagon wheel content. commencal meta AM2 29’ is closed to new replies.