• This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Bike all ready **%$£^
  • taka
    Free Member

second ride out on my new bike ive had it less than a week it first started with a loud crack i was abit worried but couldn’t see any visual cracks etc.. less than a mile down the road another loud crack the rear wheel gave way leaving me laying in the middle of the track… not good anyone know where you get spares from? i also don’t know whether the shock or the frame is bugg3rd either there’s a large dent where the linkage whacked the frame and the shock too a hit as well.

off to go clean my wounds and sob in a corner 😥

robidoo
    Free Member

That sucks!

ton

now remember back to the other day, when you and luke were nailing them drop offs at gisburn…………………..
    learn to land a bit lighter 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Take the bits straight back to the shop for a replacement.

taka
    Free Member

that drop at gisburn was a little rock up by the slab about 30cm high 8) i cant do drops i haven’t got enough skillz

and mcmoonter i got it of here 2nd hand so theres abit of a problem there 🙁

mudmonster
    Free Member

ST4 or commencial?

taka
    Free Member

sorry yeh its a commencal meta 5.5

chakaping
    Free Member

Usually the frames that break isn’t it?

So there should be plenty of unwanted linkages laying around.

taka
    Free Member

yeh i hoping that because they look expensive and i cant afford to buy spares anyway as i paid all the money i could get hold of for the bike

geetee1972
    Free Member

Taka I really feel for you mate and sincerely hope that you can get a new rocker link.

But I can’t help but ponder the reality that is buying a second hand bike and the lack of warranty that comes with that. You’ve not really got any recourse to the original seller unless that individual is willing to help you out by claiming against his or her own warranty (assuming they were the original buyer). I know I would but at the same time, you can’t really hold them to ransom.

br
    Free Member

They break there:

Stronger/thicker ones are available.

My mates went in the alps.

And then check around the head-tube – as his snapped there a couple of years later…

Olly
    Free Member

new to you rather than new new i pressume?
    if not, send the whole thing back!
    if it is only new to you, it could be why it was gotten rid of :p
    any signs of blue tack in the crack?

taka
    Free Member

its new to me i think its a 2005/6 frame only problem now is i cant afford to buy new linkage bits because im skint and its my only bike 😳

ton

Tom……..you wanty that frame off me?

and pay me when you can afford to.

taka
    Free Member

is it that rockhopper? i think i might sell me frame and buy another blue pig

ton

it is mate.

br
    Free Member

My mate might still have the replacement linkage, as he got a crash-replacement one after the head-tube went – do you want me to ask?

taka
    Free Member

cheers ton for the offer but ill give it a miss for a while

and b r if you could that would be great

cheers Tom

br
    Free Member

taka

YGM

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Bike all ready **%$£^’ is closed to new replies.