Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 167 total)
  • Neighbour smoking dope in his back garden…
  • anagallis_arvensis

Send this bloke round to steal his stash

cfinnimore
    Free Member

What do you do when you are bothered about someone breaking the law the rest of the time?

I try not to get wound up about people parking on dropped kerb crossings, but occasionally I’ll have a word with the driver and not phone the police.

Some people like drugs, others like crap parking, have you never broken the law or encouraged others to do so?

butcher

Not this again!

What are you objecting to?

The smell?

The law breaking?

The (non-existent) risk to your health?

You could not inhale any significant quantity from next doors garden.

This is true. It seems little different to the smell of bacon wafting through from their kitchen. I can understand it to a degree, but presumably he’s smoking it outside because he doesn’t want to compromise the health of the household. And unless there’s any specific reason you should have issue with it, there doesn’t seem to be an issue. Live and let live.

ricky1
    Free Member

Neighbour does it here aswell,our clothes sometimes stink of it after it being outside on the line,is that wrong?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes speak to them about this

Our neighbour used to hold barbecues when our clothes were out drying

its not on IMHO but it is a live and let life.
    They said when they were having a barbie and we made sure we had no clothes out then

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I love the smell of weed. For me it’s up there with bacon, cut grass and a fresh deck of 20 Benson’s.

I have nothing useful to add to this thread BTW.

hora
    Free Member

Often young lads walk past me smoking skunk to/from the shop.I sometimes jump forward and say wooooo (like a ghost). It **** freaks them out 99.9% of the time. Weed should be smoked indoors relaxed not like a butty on the go.

fourbanger
    Free Member

So what’s your plan of attack starship?

everyone
    Free Member

So what’s your plan of attack starship?

Whinge about it on the internet.

peter1979
    Free Member

If you can smell it, then you have basically just taken drugs and broken the law. It’s a one way trip to smack and heroin from here.

You monster.

jamj1974

I’m with the OP in that I think weed smells pretty rank to me and would prefer not to have it around. I grew up with a group of friends who smoked a fair bit and some who still do. I still can’t stand the smell.

Maybe if you don’t want the aroma in your own home it’s not fair to inflict it on others either – whether they can smell it in their the or garden…?

jambourgie
    Free Member

If you can smell it, then you have basically just taken drugs and broken the law.

Good lord. You’re right!

*calls police about evil drug-lord OP.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Go and say hello. Mention how long it’s been since you last had a puff of the old wacky baccy and when the inevitable offer comes your way, totally bogart the joint. Repeat every time you notice him/it and he’ll soon get fed up of sustaining your ‘occasional’ habit and find somewhere else to smoke.

Plus, it’ll help you chill out a bit.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I don’t have a plan of attack. He’s a bad un from a very bad area. He got lucky with the house purchase. It went for a song as the previous owners split very acrimoniously. I don’t want to be watching my back and worrying about my wife.

To me the weed smoking while his family are ten feet away is a barometer of his general attitude and it makes me uncomfortable. If he thinks it’s normal then there may be trouble ahead with other stuff.

singlespeedstu

.I sometimes jump forward and say wooooo (like a ghost). It **** freaks them out 99.9% of the time.

I don’t think that has anything to do with what they’re smoking…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

hmmpf

Junkyard
    Free Member

If he thinks it’s normal then there may be trouble ahead with other stuff.

Your right its definitely a steeping stone gateway drug to all kinds of terrible things have you seen this documentary or the hats they wear at festivals?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5C4fj_kv4M[/video]

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Derek, seriously, not trying to be a pain but…. Do you never drink while your family are 10′ away?

Lifer
    Free Member

First it’s marijuana, then beat music. Then MURDER.

Duggan

If you wait a few weeks there’ll be no problem as he will definitely be a homeless, meth addicted rent-boy lying in a pool of piss in the street somewhere. I mean, television is never wrong is it?

Or, you could just drop a note through the door and ask him to smoke a bit further up the garden cause you’re not keen on the smell.

soobalias
    Free Member

have you tried closing the window?

chip
    Free Member

If you smoke weed in doors around young children you are a lowlife Jeremy Kyle fodder ****.

But the fact he goes in the garden shows he is not, and shows consideration.
    Does he smoke weed occasionally or is the waft of skunk in your house on a daily basis.
    If so, explain that the smell is coming in your house and could he please smoke further down the garden.

If he tells you you should close your window then beat him with a garden rake/call police or move ether one because he is a ****.

jambourgie
    Free Member

To me the weed smoking while his family are ten feet away is a barometer of his general attitude and it makes me uncomfortable. If he thinks it’s normal then there may be trouble ahead with other stuff.

😯

johndoh
    Free Member

presumably he’s smoking it outside because he doesn’t want to compromise the health of the household. And unless there’s any specific reason you should have issue with it, there doesn’t seem to be an issue. Live and let live.

Yeah, so smoke outside and subject someone else to it instead.

butcher

Yeah, so smoke outside and subject someone else to it instead.

But it’s not a health risk outside, is it. It’s just a feint smell, like bacon.

johndoh
    Free Member

So he/you are the authority on the effects of the risks of secondary smoke and this is notwithstanding the simple anti-social aspect to it.

Smoking is revolting (tobacco or weed) and expecting anyone else to put up with the filthy habit is completely unreasonable.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Maybe I should’ve put the class B drug bit in bold. Last time I looked, beers, wines, spirits, BBQs, wood burners etc. were legal.

chip
    Free Member

Well **** off with your bacon smell somewhere else.
    Is what I would hyperthetically say if some one was daft enough to compare the smell of skunk coming in my house with bacon.

butcher

Smoking is revolting (tobacco or weed) and expecting anyone else to put up with the filthy habit is completely unreasonable.

I’d argue that smoking in your own home, be it indoors or in the garden is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

If they came round and did it in your home, or your garden, you’d have a point.

Granted, smoking weed is a bit different. But only really in the eyes of the law.

RustySpanner

Help him build a shed?

Is this the noisey one’s?

chip
    Free Member

If I left my bins In my garden close to the fence where the smell made its way into you house would that be reasonable.
    Would you politely asking me to move them further from your property be reasonable.
    Would me telling you to close your window or comparing the smell to bacon be reasonable.

northernmatt

Maybe I should’ve put the class B drug bit in bold. Last time I looked, beers, wines, spirits, BBQs, wood burners etc. were legal.

Yep and last time looked beers/wines/spirits counted for more of a burden on the NHS than a much maligned naturally ocurring plant did. It’s only illegal because the government haven’t figured out a way to tax it properly yet.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Christ. Next you’ll be telling me that it’s okay for off-road motorbikes to tear down the local bridleways at 30mph. “They’re just letting their hair down. Chill out OP. ”

butcher

Would you politely asking me to move them further from your property be reasonable.
    Would me telling you to close your window or comparing the smell to bacon be reasonable.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to have words with the guy if it’s that much of an issue. I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to smoke on your own property either.

And skunk does smell awesome. Just like bacon. That’s a fact.

northernmatt

And skunk does smell awesome. Just like bacon. That’s a fact.

Those two and four star leaded petrol are my three favourite odours. My own farts follow a close fourth.

chip
    Free Member

Yeah a shit load of skunk naturally occurred in my mates rental property,
    It managed to naturally cut large holes in all the floors and ceilings for ducting, insulate the loft and rig some serious lighting and watering system.

The first my mate knew was when the police rang to tell him two men with machetes had kicked in the front door while a third man jumped out of the upstairs bay window and had it away on his toes.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

And skunk does smell awesome. Just like bacon. That’s a fact

I prefer Castrol R, then bacon.

northernmatt

Clearly your mate didn’t vet his tenants properly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think you re confusing his back garden with an open space shared by all

cfinnimore
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/sbjHOBJzhb0[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour smoking dope in his back garden…’ is closed to new replies.