Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Need to buy lots of beer….where
  • ericemel
    Free Member

Getting married in June and need about 500 bottles of beer and cider, whereas the best place to buy this kind of volume?

Don’t want draft as it’s more difficult to deal with the leftovers

user-removed
    Free Member

Costco or similar will likely be your best bet. If it’s for a wedding, best double up – wedding guests are thirsty types…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The shops.

chvck
    Free Member

Have a chat with the landlord down your local?

allthepies
    Free Member

For that volume I’d get beer from a local microbrewery. Either in casks or in disposable plastic bag-in-box type arrangements. Muuuuuch better than bottles, both in price and in taste.

stratobiker
    Free Member

France for sure. 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Second the local landlord and look for a sale or return type thing.

carlos
    Free Member

Quite a lot of pubs will do an “outside bar” set up. Agree what you want drinks wise and staff costs etc.. and either do sale or return, or let them charge the guests.

Defo the best option

Spud

Surely wait till the summer offers are in the big supermarkets or try Majestic Wine?

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

a bit left-field, but try a police auction. i went to a viewing for one the other week and they had absolute shedloads of bottles, cans, spirits and wine. no idea what it went for, but it’s got to be less than shop price, eh?

allthepies
    Free Member

PMSL @ police auction 😆

edhornby

local micro-brewery

HansRey

Estonia, it’s dirt cheap there 😉

geoffj

Surely wait till the summer offers are in the big supermarkets

+1

Tesco will even let you take back what you don’t use (sealed packs, obviously)

Del

local brewery. one local to us did us a 72 pint keg for 85 quid. more = cheaper!

ericemel
    Free Member

Majestic Job done cheers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You have loads of time so scour the supermarkets for deals – Tesco regularly do 24 330cl bottles of Stella for £10 for example. You would struggle to better that sort of deal I reckon.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

where abouts in the uk do you live? I would probably look at buying from a local wholesaler or a Supermarket special offer.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Need to buy lots of beer….where’ is closed to new replies.