Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Need medical advice -swollen leg …
  • jeb

Helle

1 weekend ago i fell and banged my shin hard on a log.
    My lower leg Got swollen fast, and on the middel of my shin Where the impact was, it was a bit more swollen.
    A couple of days ago, i could feel it being a bit warmer where the impact was, and somme purple marking around.
    But also around my ancle, it has started to get purple. -looks pretty Halloween!
    Went to see a doc today, was tested, and no inflammation, and told the purple areas was blood poolings.
    Was told to monitor it close the next days

Any input would be Nice

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Think the bit in the middle about the doctor was the medical advice mate.

Trust the doctor and monitor it.

project
    Free Member

Dont trust the dr,they do make mistakes, if in doubt go to a drop in centre in the next few days and get a second opinion if still concerned.

Houns

My advice is don’t listen to the medical professional you’ve seen, listen to a load of numpties on the internet instead 🙄

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Dont trust the dr,they do make mistakes, if in doubt go to a drop in centre in the next few days and get a second opinion if still concerned

But that’s exactly whst the doctor said????!!!””

ratherbeintobago

My advice is don’t listen to the medical professional you’ve seen, listen to a load of numpties on the internet instead

This.

Dont trust the dr,they do make mistakes, if in doubt go to a drop in centre in the next few days and get a second opinion if still concerned.

FWIW it’s fairly unlikely you’ll actually see a doctor if you go to the walk-in.

project
    Free Member

all the walkins on the wirral have gp,s in attendance, as do a lot of other health centres,in other places in england.

yunki
    Free Member

That sounds to me like cat AIDS, which it is possible to get if an infected cat had urinated on the log recently..

The only thing to do is cut the purple area open with a rusty bl;ade and encourage maggots to feast on the fleash..

njee20
    Free Member

That was my thought too Yunki.

kayak23

I’d say it was blood poolings*
    *Qualified Cabinetmaker.

luddite
    Free Member

Go to A&E and sit, with the drunks and other people who should be seeing their GP’s, for about 6 hours.
    Doubt they’ll do owt different but you might get an X’ray, enjoy!

DrP

Ah, those therapeutic X-rays I’ve read about…..

DrP

cuterunner
    Free Member

????????

Drac

all the walkins on the wirral have gp,s in attendance, as do a lot of other health centres,in other places in england.

FWIW it’s fairly unlikely you’ll actually see a doctor if you go to the walk-in.

meehaja
    Free Member

If you ring 111 they will send an ambulance. The ambulance crew will then kick you in the shin, steal your wallet and laugh to each other in polish (unless the daily mail are wrong?). Otherwise take some pain relief, get it elevated above the level of your heart and drink some beer. If its not eased by tomorrow, ring your gp and get an appointment for later in the week.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Any input would be Nice

Well from where I’m sitting it looks to me that what we have here is a classic case of Malingeropharmacolexicography. Take 2 paracetamols 4 times a day and if there’s no improvement after a couple of days let me know.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Need medical advice -swollen leg …’ is closed to new replies.