Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Need a new HT2 BB
  • dantsw13

Other than a bog standard Shimano, or a Hope (got one already) is anything else worth considering?

scotroutes

Gusset

Saccades
    Free Member

/snigger….

dhrider
    Free Member

Depends how much you want to spend. I’d say the best money can buy is Ceramic Speed but obviously comes at a premium.

swanny853

I’ve tried a couple of the ‘bit more than a shimano but not really expensive’ ones and honestly been pretty disappointed on overall life so far (one died- really seized- in about three rides). Being able to replace the bearings is nice, feels less wasteful, and I’ll give them a little bit longer, but in future I may just go back to shimano.

Or some wheels manufacturing ones. Maybe.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the I had an Uberbike one, the bearings were utter crap, they were more grindy than a grindy thing after three rides. Uberbike weren’t really interested either, just told me to open up the bearings, wash them and put more grease in. I did that and they were still shit. XT for £13, job done.

mcnultycop

Gusset and XTR on my bikes. Seem to be lasting longer than XT and Deore.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Phil Wood, if you don’t want King.

You just need to find somewhere with stock…

edhornby

Shimano, if the bearings go, post them to BETD and they will put in very good bearings in – they did this to a raceface of mine that has since lasted about 3 years

creepycc
    Free Member

Gave up with my Hope … bearings too expensive, you can get a Saint BB80 for £19 and fit it hassle free in minutes, chuck it out after a year!

scruff
    Free Member

M8000 xt have changed quite a bit, time will tell if the sealing is better or worse. Hope steel and new posher raceface no better than cheap shimano IME.

Northwind

Gusset is good on day 1 but also easily servicable and uses normal bearings, win. Just don’t break the plastic top hat (too much; you can break it quite a lot and it still works). Can’t see past them myself.

Don’t get the ceramic one, there’s no benefit whatsoever, it costs more, and it doesn’t last as long.

bigjim

Hope are just fantastic if you install them correctly, don’t waste your time looking elswhere.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Need a new HT2 BB’ is closed to new replies.