Home Forums Chat Forum /Nectar Points – What is best toi spend them on?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • /Nectar Points – What is best toi spend them on?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have just realised I have 50,000 Nectar points which is about £250 to spend in Sainsburys.

Are there other things I can spend the points on that give greater value?

What has the STW collective spent their points on?

crazy-legs

I think there’s a limit as to how many you can spend at once. Might be £50 worth.

I rack up thousands of points throughout the year – take up all the offers on bonus points via the app wherever I can – and then usually buy something decent and alcohol related at Christmas time!

Apparently you can get better deals on currency exchange in Sainsbury’s using Nectar points too. Must investigate that before I next buy some Euros.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yeah, I think we normally just cash them in on shopping but was wondering what “Apparently you can get better deals on …” people knew about. Currency might be one.

DrJ

Coke and hookers ?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My dealer only takes Tesco Clubcard

owenh

You can ‘spend’ them at Argos. Also built up a similar total and that’s what I will probably do (but will follow other suggestions on here for ideas)

peterno51

Can also convert them to Avios, 2:1 I think.

bentandbroken

Log on to the APP or website for a full list. I am currently thinking about the 2000 points is worth £10 off Eurostar offer.

soundninjauk

I managed to log back into my Nectar account and link it to my Sainsury’s account after years, and was pleased to see many thousands of points in there. I spent them all in Sainsbury’s and got 2.5 weeks odd of food shopping for a family of four for free, and given how expensive food shopping is these days I’d do it again.

drewd

You can spend them on eBay if you link your Nectar account. Tie them in with an eBay promotion for extra value.

Kryton57

crazy-legsFull Member
    I think there’s a limit as to how many you can spend at once. Might be £50 worth.

Nope, we do our entire food & drink Christmas shop free via points every year- we use our cards for everything to earn those points then pay it off every month.  Still got about 400000 points on it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

400,000 nectar is 250,000 avios, if you had a companion voucher earned by using an amex card you could have a business class return at peak time to japan (or similar distance BA destination) for 2 people, you still have to pay taxes etc.

I convert all our nectar to avios, nectar is not a significant amount as most comes from business spending on Amex but we get to travel in Luxury for a long haul trip every now and again. worth every penny for being able to sleep properly on the flight and sit in comfort.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.