Home Forums Bike Forum NBD the ex-demo version

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • NBD the ex-demo version
    flyingpotatoes

Recently bought this Orange Stage 6 Evo in the Orange sale. Ex-demo but looks brand new apart from the frame wrap where it’s slightly marked in one spot.

I was surprised on the first ride as was better than expected riding through the local woods on tight and twisty trails, especially with the wagon wheels.

This will now be my main bike, with the P7 being sold on. Still have the ebike for fun days out when I ride with the ebike group.

PXL_20240828_162817806.MP

Decided to go back to a full suss after riding a Hardtail for years. My back and hip is telling me I need more comfort as it’s taking a few days to recover from a ride.

Kryton57

Thank god you chose one with “Evo” in the description.

(Nice bike btw, pity about the garden)

snotrag

That is a superb choice, really nice. Make sure you put a lot of effort and time into fine tuning that Float X as on these modern Oranges, more so than any other bike I’ve had, it has a very fine window to get it absolutely bang on – the limitations of the single pivot. However once you dial it in, its absolutely superb. Absolute flying machine.

flyingpotatoes

Thank god you chose one with “Evo” in the description

Yep I wanted a shorter travel 130mm maybe but happy with the 150mm as I eat a lot of pies so may have bottomed out the 130mm travel.

Will get the gardener to tidy the weeds up and sort the wall out.

Make sure you put a lot of effort and time into fine tuning that Float X

I need to get on this as it definitely needs tweaking ?

Still early days but noticed it was quick on the downhills.

chakaping

That’s a beauty – they pedal so well don’t they?

I was seriously considering one of these as an all-rounder, but snapped up a cheap Switch 6 frame secondhand instead in the end.

So much fun.

Let’s see if the Insta embedding is working today:

flyingpotatoes

I was seriously considering one of these as an all-rounder, but snapped up a cheap Switch 6 frame secondhand instead in the end

That Stage 6 looks great with the coil shock ?

chakaping

The EXT does suit it nicely in the grey, thx, and it’s got a coil fork as well

:D

flyingpotatoes

That Stage 6 looks great with the coil shock ?

That ? Is supposed to be a thumbs up emoji

Screenshot_20240830-121808

matt_outandabout

Don’t, the LBS has as Switch 6 in silly cheap in my size. Owner thinks it is perfect for me, I think it is too big a travel and £1500 more than I want to pay for a new bike..

chakaping

Don’t, the LBS has as Switch 6 in silly cheap in my size. Owner thinks it is perfect for me, I think it is too big a travel and £1500 more than I want to pay for a new bike..

How much is silly cheap? Good spec used ones are going for about £1.5k (same for Stage 6 Evo or Stage Evo).

They do pedal very well for the amount of travel, but full 29er might be better if you’re not riding a lot of steep and/or twisty trails.

matt_outandabout

How much is silly cheap?

It’s a Stage 6 Evo Pro in ivory, Large and it starts with a £3xxx but talk to Martin for price off the interwebs.

Mountain Bike Sale

kirkg
    Free Member

Just sold one of these but the SE ohlins edition.

pedalled really well for local stuff and performed admirably in Morzine despite my lack of talent.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.