Home Forums Bike Forum NBD: steel and ss

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • NBD: steel and ss
    nixie

New (to me) bike day, NS eccentric tange cromo build to revisit SS. I’ve had a hankering for a SS hack for a while now to use on lazy rides with the kids and local pottering. Most of the components I had spare so was just waiting for something interesting to appear fir sale. The eccentric fitted that bill with a steel flavour I’ve not had before. The colours are probably not to most tastes but I already had all the purple. I tried setting it up with an eccentric BB but it needs a half link and that would also mean a different ring as this one is NW.

Yes the patio is a mess ?.

eccentric

matt_outandabout

Sparkly Gweeeeeeeen!

I’m not worried by that brick and the gap…

nixie

The bricks are softer than cheese so look a right mess.

suspendedanimation

Nice. Repurposed a rear mech for chain device?

stevious

I like the puple/green combo.

nixie

I was dubious of the purple green but really like it now.

Yes it’s an old road mech. Need to add a buffer as it bounces a little which makes an annoying noise as it tags the chain stay. Chain length was chosen to try and get nice lines. Oh and those massively over long brake hoses are on the list!

jamesoz

Nice, I’ve got one of those in black. A stinger type tensioner doesn’t work pushing up but does pushing down iirc.

nixie

Good to know. ISCG05 tabs on the frame so that is an option.

jamesoz

Pushing up would probably work with bigger chainrings but I didn’t have any to hand. I put 10 speed on it in the end as I think gears suit it better. It’s pretty rapid downhill.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.