Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Natural riding near Nant Yr Arian?
  • FuzzyWuzzy

Was originally planning a day trip to Nant Yr Arian but might turn it into a long weekend, assuming there’s plenty of natural riding to be had close by (preferably easily cyclable from Ponterwyd) does anyone have any GPX routes they could share? Or would I be better off staying in Machynlleth and doing a couple of these http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/Dyfi_MTB/GPS_Routes.html ?

devs
    Free Member

the summit trail has a very natural feel to it! If that’s not enough there’s a link to Mach3 which is essentially linked up natural trails. That’s a big enough day out.

GaryLake
    Free Member

What about parking at Nanty, ride down to Aberystwyth (all downhill and then flat), train to Machynlleth and then ride back to Nanty…

55km I think including the road ride to Abers and getting out of Machynlleth.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Or yeah, to nant and back 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Interesting suggestion but want to keep off roads as much as possible, ideally looking for 20-30 mile routes and not massively technical (red grade stuff is ok). Still planning on one day at Nant and doing the long + short trail there but don’t think I’d fancy that for two or three days.

workhard
    Free Member

I’d suggest any or all of the Mach rides, and, if you’ve a car, maybe some parts of the Transcambrian either south from Mac or north from Llangurig or south from there or north from Rhayader.

w1zard
    Free Member

I did the Rhayader Round route (http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/rhayader_round_route.html) when I was staying near there a month or so ago. Great fun, some techy and fast downhills in there 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s some good stuff out there. A copy of OS Explorer 213 will be a great help … head out towards Nant Y Moch or maybe Fishermans retreat.

Oddly most of the stuff marked on the map is actually on the ground and rideable … not the usual case with much of mid Wales 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Natural riding near Nant Yr Arian?’ is closed to new replies.