Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Narrow Wide chainring on DH rig
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a Shimano Zee clutch mech paired with a 34t narrow wide (Raceface) chainring on my trail bike (1×10). It’s been absolutely flawless so far, albeit I’ve only ridden it 4 or 5 times since converting.

My DH bike is needing some TLC, has anyone done a conversion like the above on the DH bike? I’m not sure how well it will work without a chain guide over serious rough terrain (I’m having flashbacks from Les Get braking bumps in the summer eughhh)

PS with an 11-23 rear cassette would a 32t chainring be about right?

Thanks in advance

st

Why not give it a try? If it doesn’t work just buy a chain guide, nothing stopping you from using the N/W ring with a guide and you’ll have a new ring to boot.

I’ve got a 35t chainring on my DH bike and normally run this kind of size. I had a 32 for a short while when I build my last big frame up and it was too small.

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Cheers, reckon I’ll go for the 34t then. I’ll give it a go 🙂

Northwind

I’ve been wondering about doing away with the bottom roller on mine and just keeping the taco and top guide, interested to hear how you get on. I ruled it out at first thinking security was most important but then the best chain security I’ve had on the hardtail is the narrow/wide by itself, so maybe…

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Just ordered it all so I’ll let you know how I get on

honourablegeorge

Cam Zink managed a 75ft backflip without losing his chain

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Cam-Zinks-Prototype-Hyper-Red-Bull-Rampage.html

gb1m
    Free Member

I have a zee mech NW race face 32 with a bash on my hardtail. I’ve managed to loose the chain twice now 😕 And one of those times was at llandegla, thinking I might have to put a top device on now .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Narrow Wide chainring on DH rig’ is closed to new replies.