• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nant Yr Arian, today, am I mental?
  • core

I’ve got the day off, set it aside for mtb trip, was thinking NyA, could be there and riding by 10.30am, but just seen the forecast…….. Thoughts?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Do it!

core

Porridge eaten, I’m off to put my sealskinz on…… :mrgreen:

loddrik
    Free Member

Last time I went (about 4 years ago) it was raining like it was today, of biblical proportions. It was bloody brilliant. No one else there. Loads of standing water. No let up in the rain. It was one of my best days riding in recent memory.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think the wind might cause more of a problem tbh.

makkag
    Free Member

Not mental Just Rad to the power of Gnarr ! !!! make sure your phones charged and someone knows where your going !

Painey
    Free Member

Doing the whole Syfydrin trail..? That would be pretty nuts. Rest of it, what’s there to worry about?

rhid

Isn’t part of the trail shut for felling? I don’t think you can do the Summit trail as the leg burner climb is closed. I think…….

core

Well, I am mental, the wind and rain were bloody heavy, and almost relentless, only breaking for about 1/2 hour, quite conveniently when I reached the top of Mark of Zorro.

I did Summit, about 2 1/2 hours I think, head winds out across the hill and climbing up to Hippity Hop were immense. One section should be shut, from the end of the lower reservoir around the back, but no signs or sod all, first I knew was when I came around a corner and saw a forwarder, still, he was the only one working, well off the road, & it was rideable, even if some puddles were over the bb……..

Everything else open. So glad I went, didn’t see a soul once I left the car park, reckon my time was up there with my fine weather efforts, and felt so satisfying to battle the elements and win.

Dry clothes, coffee, mutton cawl, a flapjack and a drive down the elan valley to come home topped the day off 😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Nice one. Four of us rode Glyncorrwg in similar (though not quite as bad) conditions on a weekday a few weeks back. Only saw one other rider all day, half the trails were underwater, boardwalk sections were slippery. It was ace 8)

andywoodall
    Free Member

Nice one, I probably would have said avoid today as the wind could make some sections very sketchy, but I’m glad you persevered!

I’ve ridden the whole Syfydrin in the the pissing, howling, rain and wind and it was still bloody good, but I’d be wary on my own, if you get into trouble out there it could get very serious very quickly.

My favourite place in the whole UK for riding. Absolutely love it.

core

Yeah, dodgy if it goes wrong solo out on the hill sections, just have to take less risks.

I did actually stack it, thought I’d popped my shoulder at first but was all ok, arm doesn’t really want to move today though, oops.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nant Yr Arian, today, am I mental?’ is closed to new replies.