Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Name your favourite and least favourite comedian
  • Northwind

That Stewart Lee clip sums up everything that annoys me about him… Couple of half decent jokes, repeated a thousand times. Homeopathic comedy.

d4
    Free Member

Like: Dara O’Brian, Tim Minchin, John Bishop of a couple of years ago.

Can’t stand Michael Macintyre, some of it may be funny but difficult to laugh through gritted teeth.

Few names on this thread, I’ll be youtubing.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Fave: Jason Manford, Bill Bailey, John Bishop

Least: Frankie Boyle.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Favourite: Doug Stanhope

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4[/video]

Least: Michael Macintyre. Nothing more than a hair cut.

miketually
    Free Member

Best: Bill Hicks

Stewart Lee wishes he was dead, then he’d be judged on two hours of material and not have to come up with new stuff every year.

flange
    Free Member

Once again STW proves it is subscribed to by A LOT of pretentious, sanctimonious and pious pricks.

Really? Bit harsh isn’t it?

I really didn’t get Stuart Lee for a while, thought he was fairly boring and annoying. Then watched a bit more and it all started to make sense. I think (IMO) he’s more of a commentator than an all out comedian. Still very funny though.

Peter Kay – easy laughs. You don’t have to think too much, although I think his time has been and gone.

I like Sean Locke on 8 out of 10 but I’m not sure I could stand 2 hours of stand up

Used to love Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer on Shooting stars and ‘The smell of Reeves and Mortimer’.

Saw the Frankie Boyle stand up DVD the other day. What a nasty horrible man he is. Not funny, just truly awful.

Anything on BBC1 tends not to be funny.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve seen Michael McIntyre and Peter Kay live and they were funny in a “have you noticed…?” and “do you remember…?” way. But, it was very much like seeing a performance of a script. After seeing McIntyre, we said we’d never pay to go to an arena gig again, though I’d probably make an exception for Eddie Izzard or Tim Minchin.

I saw Reginald D Hunter in a small venue and he was very good, but I can’t imaging it translating well into a bigger theatre. Loved Stewart Lee when I saw him live, despite all the people who come along who don’t get him.

I’m going to make an effort to see more live comedy this year; a friend from school runs a local comedy night and gets some excellent acts in just before they ‘break’ and I really should go more often. On which note, if Silky is ever performing near you, go and see him.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Fave – Ed Milliband – he’s funny.
    Dislike – Peter Hitchens. Read his “comedy” essays in Mrs Soks’ Fail on Sunday – he’s not funny.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Fave: Frankie Boyle

Least Fave: just about anyone else really, especially female comedians.

BoardinBob

For all those slagging off Miranda: when will I next see you on TV?

Probably when they arrest me for her murder

ononeorange

If the question is “of all time” then for me no-one gets close to Stan and Ollie.

Least favourite: Jack Whitehall or that **** Russell Brand.

rascal
    Free Member

Best: Billy Connolly in his heyday though sadly not for a long time/Lee Hurst was funny in the 90s – where is he now?/Rhod Gilbert last year (Red Hen gag especially)

The rest are shit…especially annoying is the shakey-headed McIntyre.

mikey74
    Free Member

Since when has being on tv been any measure of talent? It baffles me how she has now ended up with her own show. I saw some of it last night and it was an horrific mixture of bad acting and cliche ridden scenarios, all carried out with zero charisma and no comedic timing.

MrSmith
    Free Member

And you think TV is an arbiter of quality?
    99% of it is sheeple being appeased by whatever trite entertainment they desire.
    Ant and Dec have haunted TV for 20 years now, if you can’t see that as an indication of what’s stupefying the masses then you are probably ignorant but blissfully happy with your lot.

Cougar

99% of it is sheeple being appeased by whatever trite entertainment they desire.

Yesterday I saw a list of the top 50 shows in 2012 by episode viewing figures. Depressing reading. The vast majority of certainly the top half was sport and reality TV. Eastenders and Corrie got a look-in, and Downton Abbey, but they were about the only ones from what I remember.

zippykona

Saw Lee Mack on the telly and laughed. Saw Mike Read live was very good.
    Can’t say I find anyone else that funny. Miranda must have some very compromising pictures of someone for the amount of exposure she gets. Not funny in the slightest.
    Michael Macintyre. Can’t really comment as the telly goes off if he’s on it.

RustySpanner

ononeorange – Member

If the question is “of all time” then for me no-one gets close to Stan and Ollie.

I agree. No one comes close, with the possible exception of Spike Milligan.

Don’t get the hatred of ‘Miranda’:
    She an excellent physical comedian, the scripts are very well written and performed – I especially liked the one with her and her Mum at the psychiatrists office. Daft (which is always good) and a lot of truth in there also.
    I suspect a lot just don’t think it’s clever enough for them.

But to quote a genius, ‘Sometimes instead of Arthur Lee, I’d much prefer some Arthur Lowe’.

FG
    Free Member

Best – Izzard
    Worst – Boyle

Cougar

Don’t get the hatred of ‘Miranda’:

Miranda confuses me.

I have a suspicion that she could be really, really funny with the right vehicle. But I only ever see her doing “embarrassment comedy” and slapstick, and I never found that funny back when Terry & June were doing it, let alone thirty-odd years later.

RustySpanner

Cougar, I can see your point.

I hope she can do other things, but I’m a little worried that she might just stick with this caricature of herself.

……….and I never found that funny back when Terry & June were doing it, let alone thirty-odd years later.

But Terry Scott was a drunken buffoon who even made June Whitfield look bad.

Miranda’s much better than that. I think.

Bunnyhop

Favourites: Marcus Brigstocke, Ronnie Barker, John Bishop, Sarah Millican, Morcambe and Wise, Miranda, Les Dawson and Tommy Cooper.

Dislike: Dara O’briane – just don’t get it!

Edit: I only just read the whole thread and loads of you disliking Miranda. It must be a female thing, because I love her. First spotted her in ‘not going out’ written by Lee Mack and loved her back then.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Best – Stuart Lee, Louis CK , Jim Jefferies, Daniel Kitson

Worst – Macintyre

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Name your favourite and least favourite comedian’ is closed to new replies.