• This topic has 269 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 270 total)
  • Naked: Estate Agents
  • conkerman
    Free Member

“I haven’t said anything about people being forced to get their bits out”

But you indicate that they were coerced by application of psychological pressure. Page 2 of this thread.

Good night. tired now.

Have a nice sleep y’all

Be nice.
    Conks

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Thank you. You just proved my point, I never said anyone was forced into it.

You aren’t the only one. Good night.

conkerman
    Free Member

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NZCol

Hey back to the serious issues here please – why don;t we get birds taking their clothes off on tv here ?*

*apart from the fact all kiwi woman have huge arses and are generally complete slappers**

**whoops i seem to have just stereotyped a whole countrys female population how dare i.

And MissG – excellent work, you seem to have put forward some excellent, well structured discussion points and taken donw some spotty, bearded mountain bikers. Well done.

miketually
    Free Member

Oh dear, is this still going on? Who would have thought that two words about a few people on a BBC3 telly programme would come to this? I’d not even noticed that MissGulliver had “torn strips off me” until someone else pointed it out.

If you’re offended at the use of the words “screwed up”, then I’m sorry. Was that your only issue with the thread, or were there others?

sodafarls
    Free Member

“you STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.” (arrrrgggghhh!)

Me too. So who’s a bad man and who’s a silly baps out minger?

miketually
    Free Member

And MissG – excellent work, you seem to have put forward some excellent, well structured discussion points and taken donw some spotty, bearded mountain bikers. Well done.

Has she? Could someone summarise the points she made, because I’m still none the wiser.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Oh conk do you have to? I really want this to stop (and not because people me into it).

forced
    adjective 1. compulsory, enforced, slave, unwilling, mandatory, obligatory, involuntary, conscripted <<

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

erm….

MissGulliver
    Free Member

LOL NZCol, you mean you don’t get all our ‘jubblies'(as someone put it) on tv ? 😆

MissGulliver
    Free Member

sodafarl ‘Baps out minger’? who is that aimed at?

GrahamS

Graham – get a grip, you STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT

You’re right I really don’t. But I’m enjoying it anyway.

I haven’t disagreed with anyone who has defended me.

Actually one of the first things you did here was snap at andym who was actually defending you. Then you announced that “the bandwagon is being jumped on” when only a couple of people had commented and they were mainly in your favour.

You did similar things on the DigitalSpy forum like when you snapped at White Rabbit 33 who was on your side when he said “The contestants in this series must surely be plants, at least I sincerely hope so because if not, they have all been victims of some very cruel TV sensationalism.”

I haven’t said anything about people being forced to get their bits out?? What are you on??!!

Did you not say these things then?

“..they only find out it is a naked theme show once they are on it and contracts are signed.”
    “..they didn’t know til they were on it, would you rather look a fool doing it or a fool walking off the show?”
    “I don’t think they WANTED to get naked, I think they felt like they couldn’t NOT “
    ” I said some people don’t have even less confidence to walk out than to do what they are being asked to do. “

Am I “reading between imaginary lines” or do these statements suggest that you felt forced (or maybe coerced) into getting naked?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    Has she? Could someone summarise the points she made, because I’m still none the wiser.

I left this last night, you carried it on today and I have reacted so I don’t think you should be making such remarks as ‘is this still going on?’.

I actually almost thought there was a decent side to you when you apologised and then you posted the above.

miketually
    Free Member

I asked as it had gone quiet for 6 hours or so, that’s all.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Graham – the fact that you are ‘enjoying’ this says a lot about you. Because I am not.

Trying to twist my words is a pathetic attempt for a grown man – I assume that’s what you are?? I disagreed with White Rabbit 33 when he/she referred to the contestants as looking like sluts and prostitutes – so read up if you are going to try and refer to something Graham.
    a) I don’t have a ‘side’, that again, is you trying to make a ‘them’ and ‘me’ situation.
    b) if I did have a ‘side’ (playground again) I wouldn’t be with someone calling the girls something like sluts and prostitues.

Yes, you can cut and paste too – my we are showing all your skills off tonight aren’t we?! Did I say they were forced? Guilt, pressure, insecurity, problem with authority are all things that can INFLUENCE people do something they are unsure of.
    Learn the definition of a word before you use it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

can summerise the whole series-

naked office workers: some camp weedy men, ladies with nicer chebs than…

naked estate agents: looked better with clothes on, nice arses shame about the tatties!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

i thought everyone was going to sleep up there ^.

I think that as this is a mountainbiking forum and the only way to settle this debate and its many confusing facets and offshoots will be a trackstanding/stare-off combo competition. It could be screened late at night on extreme sports channel after the canadians xc racing. No baps or other nakedness necessary though bonus points for lurid team kit and matching jersey/bibs/socks. CFH to provide mysterious gladiators-style voiceover commentary. Winner!

sodafarls
    Free Member

“sodafarl ‘Baps out minger’? who is that aimed at?”

I have no idea, I don’t tend to watch “that type” of television program. WHY do you care though? Apart from trying to defend a really daft baps out type sister (if that’s the case prepare for a lifetime of embarassment), or trying to encourage an internet presence for a company with very little new to market itself upon, I’m ignorant as to your motivation.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

lol tomthumb – what’s a cheb? 😛

boblo
    Free Member

Wonder what the Evilzone boys are up to…hang on, be back soon…..

MissGulliver
    Free Member

sodafarls – I was just wondering where you got the phrase from and who it was aimed at? If you didn’t watch ‘that type’ of programme – I don’t think you can really comment on me or what I was talking about.

NZCol

Right thats it
    I’m off to find a UK proxy and will watch it on iPlayer then get back to you with my bandwagonjumpingrandomstatementsaboutmentaliststakingtheirclothesoff
    back soon…

thomthumb
    Free Member

chebs

HTH 😀

MissGulliver
    Free Member

tomthumb ha I think this one is over my head, do you mean boobies?? 🙄

GrahamS

Graham – the fact that you are ‘enjoying’ this says a lot about you. Because I am not.

I’m truly sorry about that because I’m having a hoot.
    I thought you were too, what with the LOLs and smiley faces.

Trying to twist my words is a pathetic attempt for a grown man – I assume that’s what you are??

Yes I am a grown man thanks. In fact my waistline is a bit too grown, but that’s a different issue. 🙂
    And directly quoting you really isn’t trying to twist your words.

White Rabbit 33 when he/she referred to the contestants as looking like sluts and prostitutes – so read up if you are going to try and refer to something Graham.

I did. And since you like my cut-and-paste skills:
    First you chose to misinterpret him and assumed he was slighting their intellect:

“How nice of you to decide that the partipants must be without intellect, I assume that is what you so graciously describe as being a ‘plant’.

Then you further misinterpreted him and responded:

“I find it disgusting that you describe these individuals as SLUTS or PROSTITUTES.”

When what he actually said was:

How are we meant to believe that the participants in this series have achieved greater self worth when in reality, they have simply been talked into degrading themselves in the ultimate way and arguably have no more self worth than prostitutes or strippers as a result.

i.e. they haven’t really gained anything from this and they have been talked into a degrading act which doesn’t require self-worth – which I believe is entirely in support of your argument.

miketually
    Free Member

Since I’m not really nasty (as anyone who has been here for more than three days will know, I hope) I thought I should reread the whole thread, just to check I haven’t inadvertently come across that way, since that’s easy to do on a forum and I wouldn’t want to have accidentally been mean.

I’m still stumped. Can someone else go back and read it too, just to make sure it’s not me?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Graham – the smileys are not at you, nor are the lol’s. They are at some of the nice people on the thread. You twist words in their meaning, quote and give them a different spin – don’t be so pedantic. Have you never heard people with low IQ ill described as plants?

‘They will all, at various rates, come to realise how cheap, degraded and dirty they were all tricked into being. Just because the humiliation was not overtly obvious at the end of the program doesn’t mean that it is not an ongoing process when the girls realise that no one will ever look at them with respect again.’ = first sentence ‘they were tricked into being’ – “being” – therefore they WERE cheap, degraded and DIRTY.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Mike – instigating it’s continuation. Clever…

Other people already said to you ‘stop being a fanny’ – ‘have you nothing better to do than badger this girl’ with your repeated questions, others said you are also to blame. So it’s not just me who’s done this Mike.

thomthumb
    Free Member

to get serious for a minute here (oh dear)…

surely the type of people who lack confidence could quite easily be led to believe that getting naked on telly will bring them loads of confidence; whereas those who already possess this confidence would tell the producers to go swivel.

miketually
    Free Member

Mike – instigating it’s continuation. Clever.

No, confused.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mike: i can honestly say i don’t really ‘get’ this thread have read it through fully twice today and it doesn’t really go anywhere!

but i don’t think you come across as nasty

miketually
    Free Member

mike: i can honestly say i don’t really ‘get’ this thread have read it through fully twice today and it doesn’t really go anywhere!

I’m glad it’s not just me!

MissGulliver
    Free Member

there IS nowhere for it to go except round in bloody circles 😥

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Mike you wrote a substantial amount of it so stop acting as though this thread ‘happened’ to you

and the ‘nasty’ thing never came from me, I never used the word nasty to you

miketually
    Free Member

Mike you wrote a substantial amount of it so stop acting as though this thread ‘happened’ to you

Perhaps if you could tell me exactly what your problem with this thread is, I would understand a bit better?

boblo
    Free Member

Just interested MissG. Why are you spending large amounts of your time and intelect defending this to a load of people you have never met, don’t know and (presumably) couldn’t care less about? You’re unlikely ever to meet anyone from here and I’m not sure why their (our) opinions vex you so much.

This comes over as either an opportunistic troll or a case of ‘the lady doth protest too much’….

Spend more time with your ‘sister’ (and less intelectualising on places like here) and she might not need to reclaim her self esteem and dignity by searching for stardom via crap telly.

Just a thought. And I’m not nasty, not trying to be and never knowlingly have been.

miketually
    Free Member

and the ‘nasty’ thing never came from me, I never used the word nasty to you

Ah, so you didn’t. You called me unfair and hostile and had a go at me for using the term “screwed up” to describe people who were screaming that they hated themselves on telly.

miketually
    Free Member

Why are you spending large amounts of your time and intelect defending this to a load of people you have never met, don’t know and (presumably) couldn’t care less about?

The thread was three days old, with only four posts, and had fallen well off the front page when she resurrected it.

boblo
    Free Member

My last post was a question for Miss G not NastyMike.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Mike I am not going to keep repeating myself. I told you my issue with your comment on the 1st page. I never called you names, was condescending to you or tried to get everyone else on board by researching you and trying to build a web of suspicion. I was sarcastic in the first line and that was it.

I’ll paste it here to save ‘our Graham’ from pasting his ‘quick reminders’

‘Why would someone this screwed up agree to be on tv?’

“””Wow MIKETUALLY – is that in your ‘professional’ opinion??? I guess you must be completely secure in yourself that you have never thought you had no other option but to try something radical?

Ever dawned on you that these people may be so fed up of how they feel about themselves, have tried therapy, or be unable to afford it, and see an advert for a confidence building programme and sign up?? If you watched it you’ll see they only find out it is a naked theme show once they are on it and contracts are signed.

How about you don’t judge people when all you know about their lives is a brief flick of their name and some small detail about them. They didn’t go on this programme to tell you their story, they went on it to help themselves and doing it in public was just part of the deal to getting help.

Give people a break. “””

WTF in all that meant I deserved the barrage of ‘why are you here?’ ‘who do you work for?’ ‘which one were you?’ ???

Forums are forums, doesn’t matter if the site is for Cake Makers or Wrestlers, they are public forums. Anyone can post a response to someone elses statement. It doesn’t need to be patronising, condescending, spiteful insinuations.

I am sure you and Graham will together get rid of me.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘Naked: Estate Agents’ is closed to new replies.