• This topic has 269 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 270 total)
  • Naked: Estate Agents
  • miketually
    Free Member

I think you were supposedly “nasty” when you used the phrase “screwed up” rather than “had an number of issues relating to low self-confidence and poor body-image”.

It’s political correctness living with mental health issues! In future, when i comment upon something on TV, I shall have to make sure I’m extremely careful with my wording.

Good job I’m not royalty and don’t work for the BBC!

I did like this rant from MissGulliver

I liked that too, because it’s exactly what she did to me 🙂

I’m off to torture some kittens now,

NastyMike

trademark
    Free Member

Attention seekers.
    They love it.
    “Hi, Ive got a problem, but it will go away if you look at my fanny/tits/arse”

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Wow, I had thought Mike had let this one go yesterday but it seems he has nothing else to do. Back to your google stats and ‘she did that to me’ ranting!?! I already explained to you, but evidently have to tell you things more than once – that I knew the irony in judging you how you had judged others for the case and point that YOU didn’t like it, hence your personal crusade to search google and find the facebook group which says you are a certain farmyard animal!

I never said she was in the Estate Agents episode – there are 5 of them! I don’t think she would have gone through with the naked catwalk if she had been on that one.

CaptainFlashHeart – you are quickly becoming CaptainBrokenRecord and becoming seriously boring. READ MY WRITING – I A M N O T W O R K I N G F O R T H E P R O D U C T I O N C O M P A N Y – is that clear enough for you?????????

Bushwacked – thanks. Believe me, if that was his way of flirting with me I would have swiftly knocked him in to touch. I only go for men who don’t act like five year olds in discussions and repeat themselves over and over…..

RICH – thank you for paying attention to what I was saying, it seems two individuals on here are incapable of not reading between the imaginary lines, where they see 4+9 and come out with 75.

GRAHAMS – Very original turning this into a ‘women vs men’ issue. How sad. Did I say anything about women not judging people? Or say only men judge people? NO. Another person who like imaginary lines. Celebrity? I find it funny that you and Mike slag off the people in these programmes and refer to them as ‘Stars’ (Mike) and ‘celebrity’ you. It is no such thing about stardom or fame, how stupid would someone need to be to think that is what they will get from a reality tv show?!

GREYMAN – You know nothing about me to call me Gullible.

TRADEMARK – who’s ‘they’????

GrahamS

GRAHAMS – Very original turning this into a ‘women vs men’ issue. How sad. Did I say anything about women not judging people? Or say only men judge people? NO. Another person who like imaginary lines.

I wasn’t turning it into “women vs men”.
    I just assumed from your name that you are a woman and pointed out that most women love to gossip about “celebrities” and judge them in exactly the same way you are scalding us for.

i.e. I’m pointing out that, as a woman, you are most likely being hypocritical when you tell off people for commenting about people on the telly.

I’m not saying men don’t do exactly the same (though we don’t tend to have an entire industry devoted to it).

Celebrity? I find it funny that you and Mike slag off the people in these programmes and refer to them as ‘Stars’ (Mike) and ‘celebrity’ you.

Err. no, that is exactly why I used quotes around the word “celebrity”.

Feel free to come up with your own word for someone who is paid money to take her clothes off for the entertainment of others… 😈

how stupid would someone need to be to think that is what they will get from a reality tv show?!

Credit: The Sun

MissGulliver
    Free Member

GRAHAMS – AGAIN, read what I have written and actually watch the show instead of trying to join the bully gang for the point of fitting in somewhere. I did not ‘tell people off for commenting on people on telly’ – I did not ‘scald’ Mike, but I damn well disagree with HIS terminology on defining people with confidence issues as ‘screwed up’. THIS WAS NEVER ABOUT COMMENTING ON PEOPLE ON TELLY – IT’S ABOUT WHAT YOU DECIDE TO SAY ABOUT THEM BASED ON YOUR QUICK JUDGEMENT.

They weren’t paid so get your facts straight.

Wow you can post a photo, congratulations! Just because Jade Goody, or anyone else for that matter, actually finds some notoriety from doing BIG BROTHER, does not mean people should think they will get fame out of a 1 hour show! So you don’t negate my point at all with that photo.

meehaja
    Free Member

following this conversation, I tohught I’d better check this program out…

A-level psychology, people who don’t like aspects of their lives/a bit shy and some nudity. I used to go to parties like that when I was 17. Move along people, nothing to see here.

GrahamS

IT’S ABOUT WHAT YOU DECIDE TO SAY ABOUT THEM BASED ON YOUR QUICK JUDGEMENT.

So we commenting is fine as long as we don’t say anything mean based on our judgement?

So none of the magazines you read ever say anything mean about the celebs?
    You’d never say something like “Tom Cruise is creepy” to your mates?

My point is that it should be plainly obvious to anyone volunteering to go on telly, especially for that kind of crass shock-therapy life-makeover show, that people will talk about them and it may not all be nice things.

I did not ‘scald’ Mike, but I damn well disagree with HIS terminology on defining people with confidence issues as ‘screwed up’.

Yes you did, you tore lumps off him in your first post when you could have put your point across in a much calmer manner.

You instantly judged him purely based on two-word phrase that he used and then you publicly attacked him for it.
    And the really beautiful thing is, you don’t seem to regard this as ironic or hypocritical.

Personally I really don’t think that describing people with confidence issues as “screwed up” is in the least bit insulting. They are. In fact pretty much everyone is “screwed up” in some way or another. We all have our issues, though not all of us choose to confront those issues on national tv.

Those that do should be prepared for people saying “blimey she is a bit of a mess eh?”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I never said she was in the Estate Agents episode – there are 5 of them!

What you actually said was ‘My sister was on the show, yes. Congrats on the detective work.’

This was 19 posts into a thread specifically about the Naked Estate Agents. At no point before or in that post did anyone mention anything about this being a series of programs or that there were any other subjects. So you quite clearly inferred that your ‘sister’ was on that episode.

You seem to be quite wound up about this subject. So just why have you entered this little niche of cyberspace? It seems like you are very close to the subject of this post and come across as very defensive, so we (well the majority) assume that you were either on the program or directly involved in the making of it.

So are you going to explain why you are really here?

Failing that, lets see a picture of your bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My question, as seems to be that of others, remains…

Why did you suddenly appear here of all places to defend this? Explain, please?

For example, I am here because I ride a variety of lovely bikes and enjoy the (mainly) bike related banter. You?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

(S)He seems to have an interest in UK Camping and Digital Media as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, quite a broad range of fora to appear on…..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

….and that was only on the first couple of pages of Google results.

I am forming a picture now though.

(S)He cycles into the countryside where (s)he pitches a tent (possibly in more ways than one) and has a film crew film her/him for broadcast on national telly and then trawls (possibly trolls) the internet to seek out anyone who found the program rubbish and start to argue with them tenaciously.

Oh, and to flirt with Fred!

conkerman
    Free Member

indeed, I am wondering when she will be back.

Doing well getting all the arguments on different forums (fora, forii??)

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Graham – you are not getting the point. No, you can say mean things as much as you like – which is a lot. I said that ‘screwed up’ is a derogatory term that sick people use to describe people with mh issues. I said that that term was unfair to be used in this context, to determine someones mental health based on 10 minutes of a tv programme on that one person.

I tore lumps off him? Ok! In a calmer manner? So being forthright is an issue with you yet all the petty little snipes and remarks that you lot made were calm and necessary were they?

‘And the really beautiful thing is, you don’t seem to regard this as ironic or hypocritical.’ I have already explained this three times, I am not going to baby you or dignify another response on that OLD subject.

You don’t think it’s insulting. YOU. Not the people with issues. So your thoughts on it don’t quite equate.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

PIEDI – Naked IS a series. The conversation was about the show. There were no specifics about the women in that episode. So no inference, only your interpretation.

I am wound up because of how Mike has acted through this thread and certain members jumping behind him like children in a playground. If you haven’t watched the series, butt out.

‘So just why have you entered this little niche of cyberspace?’ This one has been covered more than enough times. Think of something new.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

CONKERMAN – I thought forums were for discussion, not insults. How old are you??

MissGulliver
    Free Member

CAPTAIN – again, it has already been covered.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The conversation was about the show. There were no specifics about the women in that episode. So no inference, only your interpretation.

Really?

How odd

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘So just why have you entered this little niche of cyberspace?’ This one has been covered more than enough times. Think of something new.

I beg to differ.

From DigitalSpy –
    MissGulliver
    Forum Member

From this very parish;
    MissGulliver

Why sign up to these two fora so soon after the show, please?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

ALready explained, read back over the posts!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Miss Gulliver. Would it be better to, I dunno, change the format of the show to, say just feature two girls and, for example, one cup?

conkerman
    Free Member

cock off.

Probably older than you. 🙂

Not an insult my dear, a bit of advice, instead of dicking about here on a mountain bike forum, why not council your sibling after them being exploited on TV.

Your comments seem to be pretty disingenuous to me, and the fact that you are flitting between a bunch of unrelated foums shows you up as a bit of a charlatan. Give us a tune, I like the only one I know.

Bored of this now. Might go and look at the Norks

MissGulliver
    Free Member

In the same post, ‘cock off’ and ‘not an insult my dear’… And I am sure you are!

A bunch of forums is not right. I joined in 2 other discussions about it, though people weren’t quite so bitchy in the other ‘discussions’.

Nico
    Free Member

Good thread. Anyone care to summarise? Extra points for using the phrase “issues around”.

MTT
    Free Member

Shame on the STW clan, it seems you have let this degenerate into name calling (or at least a few of you have) and it seems to be one way traffic. If you cant make a point that has not already been covered why bother posting. Aggression is in one direction here chaps, sort it out.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Old but apt…

andym
    Free Member

Why did you suddenly appear here of all places to defend this? Explain, please?

Why should anyone have to explain posting on this forum? After all it’s a public forum.

miketually started this so no one can accuse MissG of being a troll. Seems to me miketually tried to be a snobbish smatarse – and it then came back to bite him. If you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen etc.

conkerman
    Free Member

Oh boo fricketty. Cry me a river.

You really, really need a sense of humour (and perspective). Who gives a toss what a bunch of mountain bikers think about anything?? If you are concerned or have issues around this, speak to your loved ones, not a bunch of random peeps on t’internet

People here speak their minds and there are invariably differences in opinions.

If other forums are not as ‘nasty’, why come back??

I also see yet again that you have failed to acknowledge the less facetious points made, rather you raise your hackles (keep your clothes on them love) at me and accuse people (myself included) as jumping on the bandwagon. I wish I could jump that high… Old you see.

Should have a response in about half an hour once you have finshed on the drainpipe installers forum.

boblo
    Free Member

What tyres for mixed forum riding? I’m finding a couple quite dry and easy riding but one is particularly sticky and tough going…..

Bozza
    Free Member

Hasnt this type of programme been done to death…and as for the comment from ron jeremy –
    as for the bloke isn’t he Gok Wans chubbier older brother, and just as equally annoying

———-So true, and so funny. My stomach is hurting from the laughter
    Why estate agents? i suppose they have nothing else to do at the moment/year.

conkerman
    Free Member

Lol.

I type quite fast, and some of it seems to be going downhill. What sag shall I use??

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Interlude

here is a picture of some woman with apples

Now back to the thread…..

conkerman
    Free Member

Go on. What d’ya think of them?

corroded
    Free Member

Anyone care to summarise?

Umm, MissGulliver running rings round assorted regulars.

conkerman
    Free Member

Somone said that the people on the exploitative TV programmes was “screwed up” someone else took exception. Discussion was being had.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Could we sort out some sort of rota, with MissG and Fred posting on alternate days? I dread to think of the consequences if they ever had a disagreement 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

It’s official, I’m sloooow on the uptake. It’s only due to this thread, I’ve realised PaddedFredDibnah and RudeVaaaynBoy are one and the same.

It’s cos his spellings improved innit…

GrahamS

Summary: someone “with issues” seeking out the same topic on multiple different forums, seemingly finding offence even in people who agree with her or try to defend her, determined to convince herself that the world is out to get her.

MissG if you are upset that the producers “forced” you (or your “sister”) to get you (or her) jubblies out then you should take it up with them or go to the papers with it. As someone else said, they’d love a story like that.

For the record, I know people who have had real mental health issues (including myself to a mild degree) and none of them would have any problem with being described as “screwed up”. I suggest that the fact you obviously do may be a symptom of your (or your sisters) own issues.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Graham – get a grip, you STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. I haven’t disagreed with anyone who has defended me.
    I haven’t said anything about people being forced to get their bits out?? What are you on??!! Ha, so because you and your friends have no issue with it means the whole world is like you?? Really.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘Naked: Estate Agents’ is closed to new replies.