Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • My wife thinks that you are all paedophiles!
  • Hohum
    Free Member

But, I don't, lol!

I love my wife dearly, but she is a bit behind the times when it comes to technology and how means of communication have changed over the last 10 years.

I can understand that in some sites/forums/chat rooms there may be a higher chance that the person you are chatting to may not be who they say they are, but I do not think that is the case here or the other gardening/car/weather related forums that I am a member of.

Her anymosity towards forums increases whenever there is a bad story on the news and every time she says, "see how bad the internet is. I hope that you do not give out any of your personal details on it!"

Just a shame that the media can not run more coverage on the good that the internet has done!

Anyone else's partner share a similar view towards the internet?

retro83
    Free Member

probably find she's a closet /b/tard

Woody
    Free Member

Are you and your wife OAP's or just trolls?

coffeeking
    Free Member

no

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is she a goer?

dave360

more of a paedophobe really

surfer
    Free Member

Whenever a minor domestic incident takes place or a mishap occurs in Surfer towers, or indeed we need any advice in an area where our experience is zero, mrs Surfer always says "why dont you ask Singletrack"?

hora
    Free Member

My missus thinks we are all idle-dossers.

I've no idea if this is true though 🙂

BigJohn

My wife thinks those sandpaper scraper things made by Scholl that you use to get rid of the hard skin on your feet is a pedo file.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know it is only 3pm, but could this be the most ill-judged post of the day?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Get your wife to post on here then she'd see how normal most people here are. Or not.

Jamie
    Free Member

DrJ

She means "pedalophile".

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'm thinking that this reflects pretty badly on yourself Ho hum. Apart from news stories I assume that you are the main source upon which she has formed her opinion of internet users!

I'd suggest you don't label your folders 'Private' or 'Top Secret' in the future.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why on earth would a paedophile want to hang out on a website frequented largely by unattractive men in their 30s and 40s?!

Just how long would a dangerous sexual predator have to spend on here before realising that:

1- there are no children here;

2 – hardly anyone on here has sex if it isn't their birthday;

3 – hora has messed himself over their leg, which now has friction burns…

???

I reckon 20 minutes would do it. Sheesh. 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

shame be to he who evil thinks

meehaja
    Free Member

my wife thinks everyone on this site talks solely about bikes and can't understand why I "need" to look at info about bikes all the time. I have never yet had a question on any subject go unanswered from singletrack! Beats google!

Hohum
    Free Member

Woody – Member
    Are you and your wife OAP's or just trolls?

No, neither.

She honestly thinks that there is something slightly sinister about people who use the internet to communicate to each other.

I have tried many a time to tell her otherwise, but she does not listen.

_tom_
    Free Member

My friends all think I'm weird/stupid for going on forum rides, because "you never know who you're meeting up with"! I don't know why everyone assumes that the internet is full of predators or whatever. All the guys I've met on rides are just normal people who enjoy biking..

GrahamS

Whenever a minor domestic incident takes
    place or a mishap occurs in Surfer towers, or
    indeed we need any advice in an area where
    our experience is zero, mrs Surfer always says
    "why dont you ask Singletrack"?

LOL, yep, +1.

But yeah she has told me off for using my real name and revealing where we live.
    I think she is worried I'll be abducted or possibly that a particularly brutal flame war will culminate in a midnight knock at our door by an unhinged forum dweller.

Maybe I'll wake to find "It's 50% and the plane doesn't fly" scratched into my car one day.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The anonymity of the Internet concerns some people.

Hohum
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    My friends all think I'm weird/stupid for going on forum rides, because "you never know who you're meeting up with"! I don't know why everyone assumes that the internet is full of predators or whatever. All the guys I've met on rides are just normal people who enjoy biking..

Maybe your friends are also friends with my wife??!! LOL!

It is really anoying though isn't it?

I would not say that MTBing is exactly a niche sport, but I have not found anyone in my office who is into it, so I like having forums like this available to me.

I once took my daughter on a car club meeting and she was nervous as a kitten about that!

Cougar

She honestly thinks that there is something slightly sinister about people who use the internet to communicate to each other.

Have you tried emailing her?

Nezbo
    Free Member

This is a case of the Technology Bigot.

I’ed bet that is what they said about Alexander Graham Bell

It is very strange this people communicating along a copper cable… what will be next, box's with moving pictures…

Hohum
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

Have you tried emailing her?

LOL!

She does not have an email account.

Her Dad was the one who put the fear of God into her about the internet I reckon. He is ex-Police and used to tell her lots of nasty stories about people pretending to be other people for nasty purposes.

However, there are some replies in this thread that suggest she is not entirely alone in her view about the internet.

glenh
    Free Member

The anonymity of the Internet concerns some people.

But I thought people were all up for being anonymous on the internet, whinging about their personal data being available on facebook etc?

I mean seriously, if you don't want people to know stuff about you, why put it on the internet?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

a website frequented largely by unattractive men in their 30s and 40s?!

Really? And I thought I was the only one.

DrP

I'm really a 9 year old girl with pig tails, but my Pepper-pig forum rarely gives me info on what tyres to use for Afan, or how to set up my sag properly, so I've created an online persona to use here on STW.

I hope my friends don't find out or my hopscotch days are over…

DrP

slowjo
    Free Member

STW as google replacement – +1.

In fact STW is not known as STW Form in our household it is called the Oracle on the premise that most questions can be answered but sometimes it is just gobbledegook. TBH STW has only failed me once and that was on tyre choice LOL! ;o)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"anonymity"

"if you don't want people to know stuff about you, why put it on the internet?"

You got the wrong end of the stick. People get worried about talking to "strangers". We're have a conversation and have no-doubt examine many of each others comments but I don't know you from Adam. That bothers some people.

I don't like telephones because I can't read people's faces (I reckon I'm rubbish at judging voice tone).

farmer-giles
    Free Member

anyone who uses lol in their own post about what they have written is a groomer.
    ps. i'm not a farmer

Hohum
    Free Member

Oh dear!

I have been busted 😉

Mind you, at least I can spell "Peppa Pig" correctly, unlike Dr P.

beaker

My missus likes the banter on here so much she got her own log on. She doesn't post much though. Look out for Mrs Beaker!

Cougar

Missed an opportunity there, should've gone for DrBunsen.

GrahamS

MrsGrahamS requested a login ages ago on the STW v1.0 site, but thankfully things were so shonky back then that no one ever approved her account 😀

davidrussell
    Free Member

thats why i've not been groomed on this site then. oh well, back to MSN.

Coyote
    Free Member

As others have said, STW *is* the font of all knowledge. Any questions, I ask here. I've not been disappointed.

Bunnyhop

Same as beaker, I was the lurker wife of a regular and got my own a/c.

Your wife is sort of right Ho hum the 'others' are all a bit odd.

TreeWhatTree….
    Free Member

"I have tried many a time to tell her otherwise, but she does not listen." definition of wife?

sockpuppet

My missus likes the banter on here so much she got her own log on. She doesn't post much though. Look out for Mrs Beaker!

i have to be careful now – MrsSP is an occasional lurker.

she does however already know that i would like one of these air niner shiny shiny frames. she thinks i have discounted the idea based on price.

there is a small possibility she is wrong about this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘My wife thinks that you are all paedophiles!’ is closed to new replies.