Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • My tomato pants are dying. Help
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

just replanted my tomato plants into the soild from pots and they have wilted and dont look like their going to make it, any tips to bring them back to life or prevent the next lot from dying

hilldodger
    Free Member

If they’re just wilting immediately post transplant then plenty of water should buck them up, if they’re still wilting 24-48 hours after planting then probably on the way out – my routine for all planting out is:

Water pots moderately before depotting
    Don’t touch roots with hand during transplant
    Water heavily again after planting

xherbivorex
    Free Member

don’t let them totally dry out, but don’t over-water them either; you’d be surprised how easily you should be able to revive them.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

You can bring them back. give them a good water and keep them away from direct sunlight. make a polythene cover to keep them shaded and create some moisture, some coat hangers and plastic bags will do it.

make sure you plant anymore in good soil/growbags, and keep them away from direct sunlight. and keep the soil moist, not wet

coffeeking
    Free Member

Give them a good wash, get a local seamstress to fix any faults- they should last a few more months.

rs
    Free Member

why do you have tomato PANTS? 😆

sor
    Free Member

But do you not think the replies make good sense for pants too?

martyntr
    Free Member

Tomato liquid feed and a bit of patients. I transplanted mine from pot to grow bag a couple of weeks ago. I lost 6 plants in the windy weather about 3 weeks ago but this week the others have come on leaps and bounds.

Good luck…. i hope they make it 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best
    Thread
    Title
    EVER!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Don’t feed them before the first small fruits appear or you get massive great leafy plants that can’t support their own weight…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hilldodger – Member
    Don’t feed them before the first small fruits appear or you get massive great leafy plants that can’t support their own weight…….

Pants or plants?

hilldodger
    Free Member

my pant fruits are fully developed and have no leafy growths thank you Cap’n

As for the OP, we need pictures to fully determine what has wilted……

coffeeking
    Free Member

we need pictures to fully determine what has wilted……

LOL it just gets better

hilldodger
    Free Member

and remember, wilting and drooping are totally different issues….

stonemonkey
    Free Member

oh dear ive just read what ive written , classic!!
    thats the problem with typing with one hand while eating my tea

coffeeking
    Free Member

stonemonkey
    Free Member

frenchie
    Free Member

Tomatoes have two types of roots, feeding roots and drinking roots. In an ideal world they can be separated using a special pot sunken into the soil allowing the feeding and watering to become a seperate operation.
    If they are looking really sad and wilted use a thin plastic bag that fits over the plant, wet the inside and cover the plant until it recovers from the disturbance,

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘My tomato pants are dying. Help’ is closed to new replies.