Home Forums Bike Forum My shoe melted….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My shoe melted….
  • alpin
    Free Member

Currently in Friuli, Italy. To say its a bit warm is an understatement.
    Have been parked up in the Carnic Alps the last month or two (kinda lost track of time). Most days it’s been 29-34°C up in the hills.
    Went for a ride yesterday onto the plains and I saw one pharmacy sign that was in the shade reading 39°C.

Anyways…. The heat melted my shoe and cut short my ride.

picture host site[/url]

Fortunately I passed by a bike shop and they had a decent selection of shoes, so I’ve now got some flash Scott gravel shoes with Boa system.

willard

Wow! That’s crazy. Mind you, I had a similar thing happen to me on a pair of bindings on my wakeboard when I left it in my car at work one day. It wasn’t even as hot as where you are.

matt_outandabout

Humblebrag….

Merak

My heart bleeds.

TheGingerOne

Had the damage not been done by them being in a very hot vehicle rather than purely being out riding in them in the sun?

alpin
    Free Member

Had the damage not been done by them being in a very hot vehicle rather than purely being out riding in them in the sun?

Possibly, but they’re usually either in the garage of the van, under the van or on my feet. When I set off in the morning they were fine. When I stopped for a coffee an hour later they were fine. When I stopped for a beer beside the Tagliamento river I almost stacked it trying to get off the bike as the shoe was twisting, but not the sole of the shoe.

It was stupidly hot yesterday.

Humblebrag….

?

Edit… Winky face.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.