Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • My passport runs out in June 2015 but I'm……
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Going to Goa in January 15. Shall I get a new passport now or wait a bit for this comedy government to sort It’s/our shit out & hope for the best?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I renewed all four of ours this month posted off 4 weeks ago so slightly delayed but no drama.

jonnyclaridge
    Free Member

Yeah same, after a bit of chasing managed to get mine in 3weeks, only about 2 weeks ago. No real issues tbh.

hels
    Free Member

I just heard that there is a massive traffic jam on the A720. I need to be at work early on Monday, so I am going to join it now, just to make sure I get there in time. Hopefully nobody else will have the same idea !

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, do it now while you are not stress up with waiting at the last minute. I would especially for international travel.

hels – Member

I just heard that there is a massive traffic jam on the A720. I need to be at work early on Monday, so I am going to join it now, just to make sure I get there in time. Hopefully nobody else will have the same idea !

Ya, join the queue now. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hels, good work!

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be going to the alps 2nd week of July and sent my passport off last week

Got back from morrocco last month and put the stupid thing in the wash

damn it. will be biting off finger nails in a few weeks

loddrik
    Free Member

Mate of mine is away next Saturday. He checked his passport today and it ran out in April!!! Fingers crossed he can get an appt at passport office this week for the 4 hour service..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Is the OP having a giraffe or being serious? I truly can’t tell ….

I_Ache
    Free Member

wait a bit for this comedy government to sort It’s/our shit out

Its hardly the governments fault that thousands of Oxford Arnt organised enough to send their passports for renual sooner.

Kahurangi

Hang on, can someone tell me what’s going on? I’m living overseas and need to get my passport renewed after August but before December.

Is there a backlog, rush on the system of a change in procedure or something??

smurfly13
    Free Member

Overseas passports are the issue! Local ones are a short delay but overseas team are stating an 18weeks turnaround! (Brother is overseas and has waited 19 weeks so far)

spooky_b329

Now its been in the papers all hell will break loose, anyone with a passport expiring in the next 12 monnths will be renewing 🙄

CHB

wife got hers renewed last month (May). Took right up to the 4 weeks, so longer than usual, but not surprised that passports take longer in the run up to summer. I think that as spooky says, now that its been made an issue it will be as everyone who has less that 9 months on their passport sticks it in for renewal “now” just to be sure.
    Basically those who are whinging about missing holidays are either overseas (which I understand take longer) or are the same disorganised idiots that post on here “I ordered brake pads from CRC yesterday for this weekends trip to Morzine…CRC have failed me”…Plan a bit more!!!!

jimster01

[Cynic]Is this like the petrol crisis when govt needed a cash boost and created a crisis[/Cynic]

Having said that, govt depth my wife works in is in serious meltdown because they’ve released staff to save money,but increased the number of managers,think the ratio is 1:1.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@essel, wait till after the summer. If there is still a backlog pay up for the express service.

Cougar

OH went to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago for the express-but-not-really-express service after she lost hers. Supposed to mail it to us within a fortnight or some such, it arrived two days later. Can’t argue with that really (it’s just the round trip to Liverpool and £100 fee that I can whinge about).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is the OP having a giraffe or being serious? I truly can’t tell ….

Deadly serious, but you obviously have never applied for a visa to go to India before have you? Otherwise you’d know.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Deadly serious, but you obviously have never applied for a visa to go to India before have you? Otherwise you’d know.

You’re so right. I’ve never been to Nepal, Vietnam, Thailand, Morocco, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, Iraq, Afghanistan, the US, Canada, the Cook Islands, most of Europe. Shall I go on or do you get the point??

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Passport office taking longer to sort passports summer headline shocker….every year.

I needed a new one this summer so I sent my passport away in the winter. It arrived back in about 2 weeks. It’s all about planning.

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail, I have no sympathy for those fools who have left renewing / applying for a passport until the last minute.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My daughter works in Bucharest, she needed to renew her passport in April so we used the 4 hour service (Newport office). You book an appointment 2 weeks in advance, turn up for the appointment, come back 4 hours later (we went to Cardiff for lunch) and the passport’s ready.
    The hardest part was finding the Newport passport office. 😳

llama

Renewed mine, took less than 3 weeks, arrived yesterday

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve only got half a tank of fuel in the car, best get the jerry cans out again, and stock up…..

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well my passport is still being processed. Phoned them up last night and they have put mine into a priority queue. They are going to call me tomorrow to find out if I need to arrange a week turnaround with a meeting in person

fingers crossed

mildred

Just done my little lad’s – did the application online, sent it off & got it back within 1 week.

We get these scaremongering tabloid stories every year – especially when the news is a bit quiet. It’s all guff.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Woohoo.. Passport arrive this morning. That’s 3 weeks and a day since they got my photo and declaration.

I told them i was going to the alps on the 12th so they uprgaded it.

grtdkad

It seems that renewals are ok, with turnaround at four weeks or less typically.
    We sent my wife’s renewal and a new passport request (for our daughter) off on 16th June paying a bit more for ‘Check and send’.

The missus passport came back quickly. It turns out that my daughters passport had not been touched as at Monday this week, 28th July. Six weeks in limbo.
    We had already escalated to the passport office CEO and his PA sorted for us.
    Passport arrived 31st July we travel on 3rd August.

So for new passports plan ahead and be prepared for a bit of stress.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Sent my renewal bit and bobs off (after the online app) two weeks ago. The new passport arrived earlier this week. Just under a two week turn around.

seadog101

As it’s needed for work I got mine with the one day service at the Durham office. Pricey, yes, but a necessity for me.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘My passport runs out in June 2015 but I'm……’ is closed to new replies.