Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My new full susser 29er!
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

I managed to acquire a new frame! It’s a Kona Hei Hei 2-9.
    Off to see Barry at Firth Cycles to strip a Scandal and a little time later, ready for the maiden voyage in the morning!

Here it is and I love the look of it!

armo
    Free Member

Like it 🙂
    Kona’s are awesome bikes.

tazzymtb

looks ace, but they are a tad “noodly” under heavy pedalling/sprinting.

mind you, you’re only a dinky chap so should be sweet 😀

tk46hal
    Free Member

Thanks Tazz,

I’ll report back tmw!

fenred
    Free Member

GOPPING!! 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry, I just can’t get used to big rocker links on a bike. Nice build though.

matt_outandabout

sooooo wanted to buy one of these on a deal via work last year…should ride ace…

tk46hal
    Free Member

Fenred,

It will be a nice change to glide over the rocks and should be even faster! 😉

maxtorque

After heavy pedalling i often feel a bit noodley too…..

hugor
    Free Member

Very nice. Congratulations.
    Please report back after your ride tomorrow.

Bazz

I’ve recently made the switch to a 29er hardtail and am totally sold on them, i’m also a fan of Kona’s but 29er full suss still looks a little odd to me, whatever the make, have fun though.

fenred
    Free Member

Look forward to full ride report matey! I was close to buying a Hei Hei in 26″ flavour before the 29er itch needed scratching….Nice!

Incidently, in the market for Hope hoops very soon so need your mates details 8)

tk46hal
    Free Member

Stans and Pro 2 evo’s Fenred when your ready!

singlespeedstu

Moss needs sweeping up.

tk46hal
    Free Member

After my Sunday morning ride and still picking the crap from the eyes here is my report on the Kona!
    7.15am start, very very wet, snowy and muddy as hell. Three of us start off down a rough, rocky, muddy descent. The first thing I noticed straight away was the silky smooth riding the bike gave. “I forgot how nice it was to have the rear suspension” The 29er wheels as usual made the deep mud seem invisible. The extra speed that this bike allowed you to do was noticeable. “Looking over my shoulder and seeing my mates disappearing and surprising several deer made this clear”!
    The climbing on this bike in the conditions of yesterday was brilliant. The steep, rocky and muddy climbs were made easier on this bike with its back end digging in and with its high off the ground clearance, this made riding over the big stuff a dream! The thick mud just disappeared from the bike leaving the working parts nice and clear while my mates bikes were covered from the hubs down.
    The riding position was very similar to my green Scandal, not at all feeling that you were riding too high like some F/Sussers make you feel, but was actually perfect for me! I suppose it would be as I used everything from the green Scandal in this build and the cockpit sizes are similar!
    Well! Obviously new bike experiences can sometimes cloud your judgement and make you feel good, but this is a great bike and definitely lives up to its reputation! A great bike to have available for the perfect day for it, but I certainly won’t be forgetting the rigid Scandal just picking the right bike for the right ride.

Cheers All.

tazzymtb

hmmm gears and suspension…….

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

you are getting as bad as chainslap for skill compensation 😆

big snogs (in a manly bromance kinda way)

Tazzy

tk46hal
    Free Member

Tazzy,

Your right about the gears, but read the last line!

You’ll find rigid in there somewhere!!!!!!!

I’m not totally over the hill yet! 😆

wwaswas

Did that big white kickstand get in the way at all?

rOcKeTdOg

The 29er wheels as usual made the deep mud seem invisible

mine don’t, what’s your secret?

tk46hal
    Free Member

wwaswas,

I thought there was a strange clunking sound coming from the bottom end of the bike on the ride yesterday! I must remember to remove the Andy stand! 😉
    They are good for holding your bike when cleaning though! 🙂

tazzymtb

They are good for holding your bike when cleaning though!

I have my butler to that for me

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My new full susser 29er!’ is closed to new replies.