Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • My new 853 custom road frame.
  • flip
    Free Member

Lots of chrome for the retro look, its half built now with Record 11 speed and Ksyrium es, i'll post a pic when finished.

jupiter
    Free Member

That looks lovely

tails
    Free Member

WOW thts a special bike frame, you must be happy. Have you got matching forks? If you don't mind how much? I really like the top tube, seat tube, seat stays junction. :mrgreen:

Kuco

Nice 🙂

tang
    Free Member

oh yes! full build pic asap.

simondbarnes

Sweet. Shame you're going to ruin it by putting Campag on it 😉

flip
    Free Member

Ah it wasn't cheap but less than a grand, i may get some chrome forks made, i've got Easton ec90's on at the moment it looks good.

It is custom measured for me and i am very happy with it, i couldn't stop grinning when i saw it.

I'm 40 and have wanted a Rourkey since i was 15…

flip
    Free Member

I wouldn't dare ruin it with ShimaNo 😯

firestarter
    Free Member

shame your putting the es wheelset on it a proper handbuilt set would suit it much better 😉

flip
    Free Member

Hmmm i debated the wheel thing myself, i got a good second hand deal on some Es' i was going to have open pro on record, i may still go for them.

boblo
    Free Member

very nice, better than those new fangled plastic bikes 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

i fitted es to my ti build and thought it looked horrible so swapped for dura-ace on open pro . not only looks much better but i built them myself and so can repair them if need be

RustySpanner

That is soooo beautiful, lovely colour scheme.

He's left the mudguard and rack eyelets off though…. 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

maybe this may help you choose 😉

tang
    Free Member

well done for fulfilling a dream, excellent way to turn 40. ive six years(of saving!) to scratch the custom frame itch!

clunker

Very nice, my road frame has just gone to Jason for a respray.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Very, very nice! Love the colour scheme, needs chrome forks though…

flip
    Free Member

Hey maybe you're right about the wheel thing, i'll post a built ish pic tomorrow and we'll see.

It was actually going to have mudguard eyes but i thought it will be so nice i'll have it as a bestest bike so i rang and changed the spec.

I may order another with them on…..

GJP
    Free Member

Pics please. 😆

An excellent choice. I have been drooling over the Rourke pictures on the website for long time now. I would love one but then I would also love an Enigma.

Presumably that was not a a bog standard paint job. All the ones I have seen have been far simpler two colors max.

Would love to hear how it rides and how it compares with what road bike(s) you are currently riding.

I agree with Mick about the wheelset although I loved my Kysrium ES's. Once had two pairs and sold them both for reasons I will never understand 🙄

flip
    Free Member

I designed the paint scheme myself, thats the good thing about custom. Brian is a really nice bloke, and has so much experience, he takes ages measuring you, and the paint finish is top notch 😛

ampthill

Wonderful

clwydrider
    Free Member

Lovely frame, you won't regret it, Jason made me a 953 two years ago and I still go out to the garage just to have a look and a polish! I've got DT1.1's laced onto Tune hubs with bladed spokes. To my mind the right balance of new and old. Enjoy!!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

it lovely mate 🙂

Gary its hard to sell es wheels isnt it lol after mine were gone i wanted them back for what i dont know lol id have had to build another bike lol

oldgit
    Free Member

That is nice, is it going to be a 'Gentlemans Bike'?

More incentive to get my old Gios sorted, Full respray, carbon forks (the chrome ones were silly heavy) Ultegra, Gios finishing kit, handbuilt wheels old meets new.
    But that's nice that is.

GJP
    Free Member

flip – how long did it take from order to delivery?

Also, which 853 tubeset did you go for and why?

The last time I looked I thought there were 3. 853, 853 oversized and 853 pro oversized? All a bit lost on me – although I can guess what oversized means

oldgit
    Free Member

Have you licked it 😕

Sam

Very nice indeed – definitely needs a nice chromed steel fork as well.

DT1.1's laced onto Tune hubs with bladed spokes.

Wheels along those lines would be nicer than Ksyriums for mine also

oldgit
    Free Member

Is it built yet, is it, huh?

I'm such a sad ****er I lay in bed picturing my Gios all finished.

woodsman
    Free Member

Nice frame but the colour scheme – is every one else colour blind! CLASHES on every level – sorry. 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Clashes my arse! If you want clash try this, purple and green should never be seen. Prior to restoration and a return to Gios blue.

flip
    Free Member

It is built i'll do pics next week now, Ksyriums look good.

And the Arione is whiter than white 😉

Swalsey
    Free Member

Very nice 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

That's a top build. I've changed my mind now and I'll be going with mid range campag as it'll just be for 'ridin' and not 'racin'
    Do you know the weight of the 853 frame only?

nonk
    Free Member

that is uber nice chap.
    please put a post in it soon so you can clamp that instead.

flip
    Free Member

It wasn't clamped 🙄

Don't know the frame weight, but it was mighty light, got the EC90SLX forks on and they weigh f*ck all.

woodsman
    Free Member

You're all right, the colour is so wrong – it's so right, for a roadie bike! 😉

Seriously nice frame, and colour as with many things, is so subjective!

You're already enjoying it, and you haven't even ridden it – that's great!

iamtheresurrection

That's lovely, been thinking about a Rourkie myself for next summer.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Oh. Chrome rear stays, very nice, needs to be lugged though! Makes me wish I'd not sold my custom Bob Jackson.

aviemoron
    Free Member

But i'd still race on one of those "plastic" mass produced Trek things…..

flip
    Free Member

Rourkie doesn't make lugged frames anymore, thats what i wanted with chromed lugs too.

On a plus note i've just acquired exactly that in a retro Fondriest frame, in my size with chromed forks too 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘My new 853 custom road frame.’ is closed to new replies.