Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My laptop always has a nightmare logging onto STW..
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Its takes me about 5 attempts to login because the internet page keeps resetting itself. Then when when I try check forum activity it all goes completely pear shaped. It’s an old laptop (2 years) and it happens a bit with some other sites but this is by far the worst. Anyone else in the same boat?

Cougar

Does it do it in a different browser?

Run a malware scan?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Does it do it in a different browser?

As in Firefox? My Firefox has loads of random tool bars that I don’t know where they came from, so my screen is only about half the size with Firefox ha.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Its probably trying to resist it in the same way that my stereo won’t allow dance music to be played on it. 😀

Cougar

My Firefox has loads of random tool bars that I don’t know where they came from

That’s what we in the trade like to call a “symptom.”

Go into Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall anything that pertains to be a toolbar or other nonsense. Anything you don’t understand, ask here and I’ll make recommendations.

Next, go to here and download MalwareBytes (aka “MBAM”). Install MBAM, let it update and run a quick scan. Tell me if it finds anything.

What antivirus are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My laptop always has a nightmare logging onto STW..’ is closed to new replies.